Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the way down the hill doing the commuter bit, minding my own business huffing along at about 50 on a nasty mountain road with unmarked limit. I see HID coming up pretty quick in my mirror with a pretty interesting flicker so I'm thinking S2000, or maybe a Porsche. It catches up to me and passes me on the inside of a blind corner, pretty much scaring the piss out of me.

Ok, not a freaking chance, so I close the lid on my travel cup to make sure I didn't commit coffee abuse and dropped it to second to see what this monkey had in store for me. When I caught up I noted it was a boxtser S with a pretty nice sounding exhaust and a GIAC sticker on the back window, so I'm figuring probably intake, exhaust and ECU upgrade(one of my buddies has a GIAC ecu on his S4, and as far as I'm aware that's all they do).

He notes I've caught up and puts the hammer down. Whoah now not so fast, I stomp on it, watch the boost climb and before I knew it I was on the brakes trying to stay off of his ass. He does the quick stomp trying to get away bit a few times, but every time I meet him by pulling like a train.(I was staying about 2-3 cars behind, I don’t like to get too close to people, tailgating is a no-no to me) He gives up, so I think, until this real nasty set of turns when I see it squat and he starts pulling away from me. I put the pedal back down and make sure he understood my intentions, I'd fade back a little then wait until the turn in and get on the gas, right up his ass again. 5 turns later and I'm exactly where I was to begin with. Ahhhh, a nice long straight, I bury the pedal and pass him(in a nice legal passing zone, unlike his blind corner trick) even though he tried like hell to keep me at bay.

There's another set of nice turns coming up, he gets right on my ass on turn in, and that was it. I'd had enough. I gave Scotty a call and told him to give me everything she’s got. By the 3rd turn I had a good 5 car lead and at the end of the next straight I was about 15 cars ahead, I kept in it a few more turns then decided it was time to be good because the town was coming up and I saw a car ahead.

I slowed down and a little while later here comes the boxster. The lane splits into two lanes and he gets next to me, just as I give him a thumbs up(in earnest) he flips me off. Hmph, what a douche. Ahhhhh but the gods were smiling on me today, the light ahead turns red. I rev'd at him seeing if he's game and I guess he was because he rolls down his window, so I do the same. He starts in with "give me a break, this is a Porsche" WTF? some people, so I reply "yeah a slow one too" He rolls his window back up with a pretty nasty look on his face and tachs up. WTH was he thinking, I'd already proven myself from a roll, in the twisties, and now he thinks he'll pull on me from a dig? The turn light goes yellow so I tach up and on green let her rip. I only took it up to 60(plenty fast in a 45) but was amazed how far I pulled on him. He must have been too because for the next few miles he refuses to pass me or even to get beside me.

I went back into commute mode, opened the coffee and got in the turn lane to get on the highway, douche comes by with his arm out the window giving me the finger again Sheesh, what a sore loser. It must make your willy feel real small when a $22K WAGON kicks the crap out of your $50k "Sports Car". I looked up the specs and the S is supposed to be running 13.6-13.8 with a 106-108mph trap? hmph, guess the little wagon is faster than I thought.

Oh supporting equipment for this drama? Tein H-Tech springs, Helix F&R sways and endlinks, Whiteline f&r strut tie bars(with wagon quick release in the back), PDE up, Maddad catted twindump DP with 3" halfback, ecu remap, Sti injectors, VF34 turbo, and a few other little goodies. I was damn proud of my little grocery getter, and can't wait until I get the big dog(GT-30R) installed and tuned.

This is the road I was taking.

That very first almost hairpin in this pic is where he passed me.(this is zoomed in right where it says bear creek road on the first pic.

When I say blind, I mean blind with 200ft tall redwoods blocking the view.

Don't get me wrong, a Boxster S is a decent car, but some of these people need to get the F of their high horse and realize they aren't gods gift to mankind. Now if my scooby was fast enough to beat a 911 GT2 and he claimed "but this is a porsche" I'd have to agree but a boxster doesn't really light my shorts on fire, in the same price range I'd rather have a Z06 or E46 M3 and have boxsters for snacks, or spend half the money and still have boxters for snacks :p

Reactions: Shiba-Kun

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
nice kill :btu
having a porsche doesn't mean you're god on the road...goddamn those people...i wonder when they can realize the truth?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
teh rox0rz!1!! stick it to him! :tu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts