Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i dont really know where to post this but whatever. we are supposed to get some mad snow this weekend. im looking to have some fun and just fuck around (donuts, etc.) anyone know of any cool things to do on slippery roads? i dont have nearly enough torque to do this kind of shit on dry roads lol.
PS: dont worry, i wont be doing this on public streets, i know better :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
snowcross!

go and set up and autocross course in a parkinglot, but make the corners really wide, you drift through everyturn. SOOOO fun. grab a bunch of friends and a stopwatch before you get there though.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
snow is fun!

although skiing in this SUCKED

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i want to do my fair share of sliding. im thinking about taking my sis's corolla instead of my teg (she has no ABS).
man i probably wouldnt even have to pull the ebrake to get my slide on.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I did both, one of my friends brought a board up in his car, we switched back and fourth, I was up there for two weeks. It snowed the whole time we were up there, 20' in 10 days :eek The day at Mt. Rose, where the last pic was, I was on the long sticks so I could try and teach my wife and 7 year old how to ski without looking like they are bow legged. It's amazing how fast kids learn. By the end of the day he was taking mild moguls pretty well, he could handle most of the blue suqare runs(his third time skiing ever), He challanged me and tried to follow me down a NASTY black diamond run, but ended up doing most of it on his butt :p But he got bored with skiing and we ended up buying him a pretty nice snowboard and he spent the rest of his time on the wide stick.

I'm going back next weekend with a friend and my son, there will be 3 boards on the top then :) I like both, but I'm a MUCH better skier than I am a boarder.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
druuuu said:
anyone know of any cool things to do on slippery roads?
in a FWD car the ebrake is your friend if you want to have some fun.
in an empty parking lot get the car up to speed ~25mph is enough, cut the wheel hard to the left or right and pull the ebrake, but keep accelerating.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
in a FWD car the ebrake is your friend if you want to have some fun.
in an empty parking lot get the car up to speed ~25mph is enough, cut the wheel hard to the left or right and pull the ebrake, but keep accelerating.
yeah man. yesterday, i pulled it a few times. its hard to control though. i pulled it and did a 90 degree turn, then i let go of the ebrake, but i kept sliding and did a full 360. it was fun, but i gotta learn how to control that better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts