Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i drive a 97 Accord, the motor and transmission has about 50k miles on it. They car as no problems and run fine. My problem is, my auto tranny won't downshift if i floor it. And if i floor it, the engine just runs a little bit faster in the current gear that it's in, but at 3500 RPM it shifts. The only way i can actually get above 3500 Rpm is if i shift manually 1->2->D3->D4.

I don't race the car ever(ok maybe once or twice), anybody else have this problem? Or does anybody have a solution to my problem?

· Registered
766 Posts
if i were you i would take it to the dealer and have em look at it
you dont wanna f---- with transmission

· Registered
153 Posts
Your Torque Converter is fucked.... i juss hit 50,000 KILOMETRES n thats whats happening to my tranny... drives fine in normal drivin but when i floor it it doesnt downshift... i wus racing 2 weekendsa ago n when i sprayed i went passed redline all the way up to 6800 rpms n car juss keeps bogging n ddint shift for a long time... like if i do1-2-d3-d4 n don;t shift up when near redline.. but this ahppens in D4

damn nitrous hehe... but im going Level ten TC and Tranny rebuild very soon

· Registered
2,618 Posts
ur throttle linkage is out of adjustment. you know how you press your gas and that wire moves inside the engine? you can change that right just by loosing the bolt on it. well follow that cable down to the lower end of the car and you should find a similar one connected to the transmission. adjust that one according to the car, step on the gas and hit second gear, when you hit second floor it and if u hit first then you are set, if not keep going. i found this in the guide book and really its cool hehe. good luck to you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.