Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ah wuzzup, need help: my car idles funny its fine at 3 and drops down to 1 and back up to 3 (revs)and sounds like its about to die and sometimes does. it also dies sometimes at stop lights. Obviously its either not getting enough air or fuel, how can this be adjusted? which one do you think it is? its a b20 in ls 93 just in case any ones wondering

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Any vacuum leaks?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vacuum leaks? well anyhow, i took of the intake and warmed up the engine and there is suction from both of the holes in the tb. do you think both the fit valve and the other valve is bad. it is a 93. of course i have not removed those yet but i will. :fear

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tegdude227 said:
that happened in my old gsr and it was 2 valves a fast idle valve and some other valve but i toke it to acura and they charged my 600 bucks to change just those 2 valves
probably the same thing. the dealer overcharges like a mofo. i think i could do it myself though. there is a thread on how to, very very helpful! :) thanx though

·
Registered
638 Posts
Its normally something purdy simple. I'd check all your vaccum lines, look for cracks. Honda IAC are purdy good. Even for higher milelage cars. Last time I had a friend with the same problem. Ended up being a cracked hose. Not the IAC. Saved himself 300 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.