Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW is tacitly admitting that the look of its current 7-series flagship sedan has been less than successful, according to a Wall Street Journal story.

The car was redesigned three years ago in a "stark departure" from the older BMW look of straight, engineered lines and creases. It's most notable, and controversial, feature was the shape of its rear end, which was dubbed the Bangle bustle, after BMW's chief designer, Chris Bangle.

But the new look took didn't catch on and U.S. sales of the 7-series fell 21%.

Now, at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, BMW Chief Executive Helmut Panke said a "face-lift" of the 7-series is on the way. Early photos of the new car reveal that it's more of a butt-lift as the tail is much swoopier than the current car’s is.

caranddriver

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
divinewisdom said:
Early photos of the new car reveal that it's more of a butt-lift as the tail is much swoopier than the current car’s is.
swoopier huh? so discriptive and informative~ NoT~ WTF is swoopier? i really can't imagine what it will look like just by saying that hte back will be "swoopier"

btw.. i think that car needs a facelift as well

the 5 and the upcoming 3 series look really nice~

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
culmination said:
swoopier huh? so discriptive and informative~ NoT~ WTF is swoopier? i really can't imagine what it will look like just by saying that hte back will be "swoopier"

btw.. i think that car needs a facelift as well

the 5 and the upcoming 3 series look really nice~
:lol

Yes the new 3's are definetly made a better buy just because of the looks, such a nice ass car.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
eg6hatch315 said:
:lol

Yes the new 3's are definetly made a better buy just because of the looks, such a nice ass car.
dunno why i like 5 the best still the sleekest. compare to the new 3 and the old 7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts