Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone going to do in about five years or so when you need or want a new car? What are the reasonable choices? I think there is RSX, Celica, WRX, Eclipse and S2000. None of these choices excite me (except s2000) None are really high performance vehicles. How come Mazda doesn't have a bonafide sports car? Toyota only has the Celica (which isn't really that sporty). The WRX is ugly in my opinion and the S2000 in five years may not be as impressive as it is now. Have import car companies lost the need to have a edgy sports car, with an ever increasing share of the north america market? What I mean is that now that imports are established do they no longer need to draw attention?

P.S. Has anyone seen the new tiburon, I think its a great looking car, still sucks, but now it looks good.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
are you living under a rock? let me give you a fast update :)

Nissan: new z350, possible coming of the all new r35,
Mazda: return of the rotary by the rx8
Toyota: possible return of the legendary supra/3000gt
Honda: return of the R, the next generation of the nsx,
Mitsu: finally the coming of the evolution 7
Subaru: sti release in north america is very possible

the import performance future look pretty good imo :)

· Registered
484 Posts
hehe in about 5 years from now i picture myself rolling in either the newz or a chevy z06 corvette. Those vettes are damn sweet for the money. I think they look badass and they got the motor to back it up. I know it aint an import but the Corvette has been the one domestic's I've always wanted.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
gold said:
hehe in about 5 years from now i picture myself rolling in either the newz or a chevy z06 corvette. Those vettes are damn sweet for the money. I think they look badass and they got the motor to back it up. I know it aint an import but the Corvette has been the one domestic's I've always wanted.
the z06 is also one of my fav car :) best bang for the buck there is out there :)

· Registered
12,727 Posts
you guys see the dyno sheet for the new rsx type s...damn it puts down some HP...this one has an intake only by injen!

· Registered
108 Posts
LAblue said:
are you living under a rock? let me give you a fast update :)

Nissan: new z350, possible coming of the all new r35,
Mazda: return of the rotary by the rx8
Toyota: possible return of the legendary supra/3000gt
Honda: return of the R, the next generation of the nsx,
Mitsu: finally the coming of the evolution 7
Subaru: sti release in north america is very possible

the import performance future look pretty good imo :)
Yes I live under a rock, and no I don't have money for those.

· Registered
11 Posts
lOOkatme said:
you guys see the dyno sheet for the new rsx type s...damn it puts down some HP...this one has an intake only by injen!
something is wrong with that dyno, the torque and hp curve doesn't cross at 5252rpm.....but a damn flat curve tho, but check up on the souce of that chart, might not be true.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.