Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey .. i have a 98 civic ex coupe... now i have a D16Y7 and in all honestly its slow as hell. :sleep I put an Aem V2 intake and a Greddy exhaust on for now and i am looking into gettin a swap. There are many engines i can choose to swap but wich would be best ? :confused Price doesnt matter that much... i was thinkin H22A(200 hp), or B18C(178 hp), or B18C Type R(210 hp), or a B16B(185 hp) ? My plans are to buy an engine, build it to its max, then eventually drop it in! I just want to know what the best is for me because what i have now sucks! Thanks a lot for your help and info! If you want feel free to IM me on soupedupc1v1c on AIM, i can discuss the diferances in them it could help me to understand those differances! THANKS!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
c5 is a thing of the past now.. get a k20.. or just build a gsr (b18c) and turbo it, plenty of power. if u build and boost that u will have more then enough power.. more then u can handle prolly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,541 Posts
loon said:
if you gots the money b18c5 or k20a. but the h22a would be pretty cool
yea, the h22 is pretty sweet, a guy i work with has a h22 hatch stock motor with 14psi of boost and with slicks he pulled an 11.7
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,494 Posts
BFK_SI_EG said:
yea, the h22 is pretty sweet, a guy i work with has a h22 hatch stock motor with 14psi of boost and with slicks he pulled an 11.7
At H-T there is a vid of a guy with a STOCK b16 on 10 psi from a t3/t4 on slicks, pulled that same time. :clap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,494 Posts
BFK_SI_EG said:
how the fuck did he do that? :confused
I dont, know.....

but, its damn cool. Ok, the block, tranny and head are stock. BUT, it has a 12 lb flywheel, stock ITR clutch, and LSD. It may just be a big compressor, but the internals are stock, and claims its only on 10. The slicks are a huge player no doubt. But however he did it, gave me hope for my insignificant 6 psi on my b.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,541 Posts
i just dont see how that can happen, a car that runs a mid 14 and just throw in 10 psi and slicks and 11.7? just dont make sense to me. unless there is major tuning involved, but that still shouldnt make it do that......................................fuck, nowi have a headache
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,494 Posts
BFK_SI_EG said:
i just dont see how that can happen, a car that runs a mid 14 and just throw in 10 psi and slicks and 11.7? just dont make sense to me. unless there is major tuning involved, but that still shouldnt make it do that......................................fuck, nowi have a headache

:lol

hey, Im only the messenger. I saw the vid, and read the stats. He does make an 11.7 in the vid. Is it really only on 10? Who knows.


For the headache........take excedrin, or 4 bottles of your preferred beer, and see me in the morning..... :lol2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,541 Posts
commador said:
:lol

hey, Im only the messenger. I saw the vid, and read the stats. He does make an 11.7 in the vid. Is it really only on 10? Who knows.


For the headache........take excedrin, or 4 bottles of your preferred beer, and see me in the morning..... :lol2
i think i will go to the bar after work and numb my brain with jaggermeister and coronas, yup, it is decided
[napoleondynamite]yesssssssssss[/napoleondynamite]
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top