Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i restarted my computer and now it doesnt boot. it just says on the bottom, hit esc to enter a menu or del to enter setup. it doesnt go past that. i tried putting in a ps/2 keyboard to see if that keyboard would work. and nothing. im worried it might be the motherboard and i dont want to lose all of my information. it has taken me soooo long to get all of my papers and other important files that i have on there and that would just fucking suck if its all gone like that. i was thinking of just rebooting with a windows cd but i dont know. i think im gonna call my circuit city buddy and have him come check it out, but if any of you guys know anything, please help me out.

·
Registered
670 Posts
^ What he said, :). If it doesn't, try replacing the IDE cables for your Harddrives. I know I had problems with that last time and it turned out to be the IDE cable of the floppy drive. I disabled the floppy drive later becuase no one uses floppies anymore :eek:.

Also maybe it's your boot device/order?

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
k, i called my circuit city buddy and he told me to unplugg all of my usb connections and turn it on and it worked. but now if i have to restart it, will it be doing the same thing again? and no it didnt get into the bios screen it just was black and gave info on my processor on the top.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
oh that reminds me. i have the same problem as you do if i have my memory card reader still plugged into the usb port. I had to remove it and restart or else i'll just get stuck at the screen with cpu info. i still had my usb mouse and keyboard still plugged in. did you have anything else plugged to your comp?

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IntegraTypeRS said:
oh that reminds me. i have the same problem as you do if i have my memory card reader still plugged into the usb port. I had to remove it and restart or else i'll just get stuck at the screen with cpu info. i still had my usb mouse and keyboard still plugged in. did you have anything else plugged to your comp?
yah i had my printer, keyboard, mouse and ipod connected at the time.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Is there a possability that it's trying to boot to the USB devices? You can check that inside of the bios. See if the boot order is set to "USB Peripherals" before the cdrom or hard drive 0.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.