Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys / girls this is my question, not sure if has been covered before so here goes.
The honda torrino is a F20b engine front wheel drive car is it possible to use th tranny from that car and mate it to the F20c engine (S2000) and put it in a civic without the fabrication issues?. Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the f20b engine the same as th f20b but wth less horse power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No different bellhousings for f20b and f20c. Found out the hard way, just got the f20c for my accord with a f20b as standard, and it don't fit. Trying to find a trans that will do the job though!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
youre probably looking at some custom work. Make sure the engine spins the right way. Depending on which way it spins, you may have to try to get a K tranny to work.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i mean for less than youll spend getting this custom work done, get a swap like a k24a1/k20a2 head to get the tq and HP of that swap! i mean, you redline will be lower, but itll cost ya less. at least you can find mount i assume, and a K swap is always gonna hold ya! unless you gotoo much boost like tht guy on youtube... but. i mean a k20a2 with a turbo will drop that s2000 motor youll want. :w00t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts