Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gen2 gsr(92-93) and I was curious as to what is the most nitrous oxide i could run with the stock internals. I was pondering a turbokit but I am thinking about a small 55 shot zex kit just to play around with and upgrade it as I get the money for the turbokit later on. Will the b17a1 handle a 55shot of nitrous if i buy a high pressure head gasket. I already have adjustable cam gears, exhaust, intake, and plug wires. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
MAX hp of your car divided by 2, minus 15hp.

That should do...also a g2 integra is pretty old, so dont push it:)

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
JAYMAN320 said:
MAX hp of your car divided by 2, minus 15hp.

That should do...also a g2 integra is pretty old, so dont push it:)
nice sig.. i'm jealous.:)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1992, ys1tranny, 130k miles, nearly perfect compression as of last month. i worked at a dealership to clean it up. if it didnt have an odometer youd never know it had 130k on it. :)

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
IcemanGSR said:
1992, ys1tranny, 130k miles, nearly perfect compression as of last month. i worked at a dealership to clean it up. if it didnt have an odometer youd never know it had 130k on it. :)
well, if you think the motor can take it, there's really no need to ask us.. i'd go for the zex kit, 75 shot.. then rebuild when you boost it. that's just me though.

got any pics of your g2? i drive a 90 right now & love to see them hooked up..

btw, if you haven't heard about www.g2ic.com it would be in your best interest to check it out. it's such a great site that mike hasn't deemed it censorship-worthy.;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
IcemanGSR said:
My roomate just got a digital camera today so I'll be posting some pics soon. You dont think 75 is too much?
Based on Jayman, and the age of the car I wouldn't without other work.

160hp/2 = 80
80-15 = 65

I'd go with the 55 if I were you (and I own a G2).

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
IcemanGSR said:
My roomate just got a digital camera today so I'll be posting some pics soon. You dont think 75 is too much?
if you are going to rebuild it when you stick the turbo kit on (like you should), i say go with whatever you want.

i would probably start with the 55 nozzle, but see how they all felt, you know?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh it will be built up periodically b4 the turbo. rods, rings, pistons, camshafts, gaskets the works. in the meantime i wanted a kick in the pants so to speak. 55 seems like enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.