Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i know all the things about b16's in g2's like how their not worth it because lack of torque and our cars arent that light, or its a good engine because you have vtec and can rev high. but for all the g2 owners with a b16 modded or not i have few questions.

1) how well does the engine run (fast, slow, same as ls, etc etc.)
2) do you regret getting the engine in the car?
3) are you happy with your engine?
4) what times, if ran, did you get?

and overall if you had to do it again would you go the same route? i am just asking because i might buy my friends built up b16 so im just wondering buy that, or stock gsr...

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I've seen lots of B16 G2's its the norm to do here and everywhere else, and I think its a total waste of a swap, they mostly ran mid to high 15's, and when they were done with the swap they all sold the cars. :eek: put in a motor with torque, or go turbo LS.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Ditto. I could go on a LONG tangent about how the B16 has 20hp more but 16lb/ft LESS than a B18B.... don't get me started....

111lb/ft at something like 7600rpm.... have fun with that.... :p

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
B18B = not exactly torquey
B18C = torqueless wonder
B16A = 16-19lb/ft less than the torqueless wonder

Think about this: A B16A has a piddling 111lb/ft at the crank at 7600rpm. You have to spin the thing way up near redline, and all for a pathetic 111lb/ft when you get there.

In my simple, non-VTEC cams + bolt-ons + fuel tuning B18B, I have 111lb/ft.... at 3200rpm.... at the wheels.

When I was at the strip this summer B16A CRX's with bolt-ons were having a hard time beating me. A G2 Integra weighs a LOT more than a stripped-out CRX. You're not gonna have fun. Also I don't understand doing a swap to gain only 20-30hp, when a bone-stock G3 GS-R has more power.

If you're going through the trouble and expense of a swap, do one that will have some balls while stock and some real potential when modded. The B16A would be neither, and would only impress when a LOT of money is dumped into it. A B18C1 or 5 would be a great all-motor app (although admittedly much more expensive) with excellent top end. A B18B would be great for turbo and dirt-cheap. A B18B or B20 all-motor have great midrange that makes them the best swaps for autocross, and they also have LS-B20/VTEC possibilities. Why sell yourself short with a gutless 1.6L? The B16A is a great engine (in fact a better all-motor design than the B18C), but it's just not enough for an Integra. The S2000 has an awesome, high-rpm high-hp engine - you still wouldn't put it in a heavier NSX.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the only reason i was asking, the b16 i am getting is from a friend and just came out his machine shop. tomorrow i am going to get a full list of what mods it has. right now i know it is port/polished, bored over, new ctr cams/cam gears...when i get the list i will list everything it has. that is the reason i am wondering if a modded b16 will do good in a g2, or still go try to buy a GSR

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Heh, Hondaswap-sucks or something said his friend ran a 15.9 with a B16 G2, B16 G2's suck dude, do something different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts