1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
207 Posts
G35 sounds sick. the srt-4 is faster, but I would take the G35 coupe over it any day. just cause its fast doesnt wipe the fact that its a neon :p

·
Registered
287 Posts
well either that srt-4 was slow for his mods or that g35 was fast for stock

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
freeway races suck. Not a real test of how 2 cars match up. Really stupid to see these races and I am beginning to hate them. :mad The more I see the more I hate :bh :mad the G35 would have womped on that thing from a dead stop. People don't realize how fast they are. That motor in the G35 is awesome and capable of some serious horsepower. 280 from a stock V-6 is pretty amazing and the torque is really good too. Not to mention it sounded so sexy and look sexy too. The SRT-4 screams "Race Me Now!!!" and the G35 is like "I don't need to 'cause I look too good" :clap

·
Registered
445 Posts
BigPaco said:
found this while browsing the SRT4 forums with a friend on my celly. I was eager to see this one because I never seen any g35 videos, fyi my bro has a g35coupe, althought he hasnt done anything to it :( hes not a tuner which sucks.

Anywaays enjoy...

Right Click Save-As

http://home.earthlink.net/~matchframe/images/04 G35 Coupe vs 04 Srt-4.wmv
great video. first g35 race ive seen online, damn i hate neons and i hate dodge but get off the srt-4 best bang 4 buck by far

·
Registered
445 Posts
gooniac1 said:
freeway races suck. Not a real test of how 2 cars match up. Really stupid to see these races and I am beginning to hate them. :mad The more I see the more I hate :bh :mad the G35 would have womped on that thing from a dead stop. People don't realize how fast they are. That motor in the G35 is awesome and capable of some serious horsepower. 280 from a stock V-6 is pretty amazing and the torque is really good too. Not to mention it sounded so sexy and look sexy too. The SRT-4 screams "Race Me Now!!!" and the G35 is like "I don't need to 'cause I look too good" :clap

you obviously have no idea what your talking about,

true measure of a cars power is in its power to weght ratio, this is best translated above cruising speeds, where the tire has 100% contact with the ground. the g 35 might have beaten the neon a little of the launch due to rear wheel drive but the neon would have caught up. i can run the 1/4 in my car against a stock gti and lose as far as the times on the slip say but get him on the highway and smoke him.

indeed the motor in the g35 has better numbers but the weight has alot to due with it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Well the neon actually looks pretty good... its just personally, but I feel its the name and interior (minus the seats.. the seats are awesome) that really pulls this car behind. It has most of the ingredients of a great car...and dodge did do a great job for the price.

Now if only an s2000 was half the price.. hehe

EDIT: and none of that srt-4 is faster than s2000 crap.

·
Registered
93 Posts
SRT-4's are fast, but its still just a neon :bh , I will spend half the amount for a SRT-4 on my 4th gen lude, and leave that SRT-4 at the line :number1 , G35 are sweet, and good lookin 2. :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
That vid was really disturbing. It's a shame to see an econobox whoop a beutiful car like a G. Hands down, in terms of straight line performance, you can't beat an str 4, but you get what you pay for. Overall, the g is a much better car. The suspension on those cars are incredible. However, that's not to say I don't like the str 4 too.

Like someone else said, I don't think that vid did the g justice but on the other hand, both cars are very capable going from a dig.

·
Registered
93 Posts
One word to challenge two cars potential and see who's faster:

Touge.

Don't beleive me? Ask Tsuchiya, lol.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I agree, the SRT-4 is a quick little fucker, but I have no desire to ever spend my hard earned money on one, to add to that I really would have no desire to spend my money on an S2000 or an ITR for that matter. Which doesn't mean I don't recognize what the posotive traits of each vehicle are. There's just something about it, when I sit in a car, it has to feel a certain way, in the g35, in an A4, hell even in an accord coupe, I just feel like I'm sitting in a complete car, a fluid car, something that feels worth the price of admission. The SRT-4, the ITR, and the S2000 just don't do that.

And to me, the G35 coupe is THE best looking car available today, followed closley by the previous body style RS6, and the mercedes E class.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The SRT-4 was only a tiny bit faster, didn't relise the G35's where that quick.

the highway is the true test of a cars pace, fine example WRX vs LS1 equipped Holden. Both run basically the same quater (13.8's) with the WRX slightly quicker if anything but after that 1/4 mile has passed it doesn't really have a chance the big 8 just pulls on it like nothing else.

·
Registered
44 Posts
damn G35's are fast.....i knew they had some balls but not that much....i always thought they were too heavy .... too bad that neon had to turn up his boost to actually beat the G35....and when he did he only beat um by at most 1 car length.....good job to the G35....if its not honda....nissan/infinity i will go

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont remember if the G35 was a 6mt or auto. Does anyone know? Also I know of one other G35 street race vid and that would be at samuarifiles.com under norcal racing 5 i believe. If anyone can host i can upload it to you.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts