Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10,424 Posts
Raising compression will net you little HP by its self maybe 5 to 7 HP at the most, you would need a better/more aggressive cam to get real benefits from it.

Also note you will need to upgrade your ignition too

· Registered
1,366 Posts
could be costly considering you have to remove the head and take most of the bottom end apart, then swap the pistons to the rods and reassemble everything. if you're gonna tear it apart then go all out, with the block at least. not just pistons for 5% power increase and then rods later for increased strength.
if you want to stay N/A with your D16 then go big with high C/R, cam, headwork, IM and all the neccessary bolt-ons for max. power.

later

· Registered
10,923 Posts
Would it be "reliable"?

A D16Z6 with JRSC, 8lbs. boost, Crower rods, 10.5:1 SRP
pistons. Or should I buy the 9:1's instead? The car's not
a "daily driver", but a "romp-mobile" :D I'll be upgrading
the rods/pistons/cam/head, in any case, before I upgrade
the boost.

· Registered
172 Posts
10.5:1 is pretty high for 8lbs of SUPERCHARGED boost. the highest u could probably go is 9.5:1. only time high compression is combined with boost is in low boost and high RPMs where the boost is just used to help fill the cylinders at very high rpms.

· Registered
10,923 Posts
MrMike said:
10.5:1 is pretty high for 8lbs of SUPERCHARGED boost. the highest u could probably go is 9.5:1. only time high compression is combined with boost is in low boost and high RPMs where the boost is just used to help fill the cylinders at very high rpms.
Damn dude! I always get that answer :). Thanks for the
"reaffirmation", though.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
skibbs said:
Uh... what about the Comptech supercharger for the S2000? Jackson Racing SC for the B18C5? That is NOT too high of a compression ratio for a supercharger at 8 lbs.
That depends. Do you want to retard timing about 20 degrees? I've heard of people putting 11 psi turbos on the S2000, but they had to retard timing something severe.

It really makes me wonder if they are gaining power at one end and losing it at the other.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
GayHatch said:
ahahaha G and F'n roses.......your sig killed me sunder.....my friend sings that song all the time
Just thought it was slightly appropriate with all the terrorist attacks lately :)

May be time to change it soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.