Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a greddy evolution catback right now... the muffler ate shit recently and sounds all buzzy/zingey... i was wondering if i would lose/gain or stay the same in power if i continued to use the greddy piping with an ITR muffler.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Tegasaurus said:
i have a greddy evolution catback right now... the muffler ate shit recently and sounds all buzzy/zingey... i was wondering if i would lose/gain or stay the same in power if i continued to use the greddy piping with an ITR muffler.

Ryan
the muffler is a multi-chamber design, and does a wonderful job of dissipating sound. the funnel-shaped piping in-between the chambers makes it a very free-flowing muffler. as far as gains or losses, u might lose some but that is just a "guess"timate since greddy designed the whole exhaust system with the greddy muffler and not the ITR muffler. u will have to hit the dyno to really find out.

hth.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: gains with a type R muffler

randyman said:
the muffler is a multi-chamber design, and does a wonderful job of dissipating sound. the funnel-shaped piping in-between the chambers makes it a very free-flowing muffler. as far as gains or losses, u might lose some but that is just a "guess"timate since greddy designed the whole exhaust system with the greddy muffler and not the ITR muffler. u will have to hit the dyno to really find out.

hth.
ah fuck it, i'll just gen an n1 muffler:eek:

randyman, i use to be harcore turbo fanatic, but i just realized the cost to have it reliable with the power i was looking for... i can get a b20/vtec for bout 2600 total, so now im leaning towards that...
What kind of times are you seeing with your setup?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.