Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... so im new to turbos i have been doing research and i have a h23 prelude.. right now im job hunting for something that pays abit more then i am deciding what i am doing forsure.. either building the h23 and doint a 5sp swap or building a h22 and 5sp swap.. either way..... i already decided im gonna go with a garrett gt35R but my question is wich one would suit me best... what i dont understand is the trim there is 3 options 0.63 0.82 and 1.06 using comon sence i would think that the smaller (0.63) would be smaller and have a quicker spoolup but im not 100% sure.. basicly i want to know the difference between the 3 and what the benefits of either would be.. if any(other then faster spool)

thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
The trim can be attributed to either the compressor wheel or the turbine (exhaust wheel).
Yes, the larger the trim, the more air it will be able to flow, but it will "spool up" slower than the turbo with the smaller trim wheel.
You are swapping in a 5-speed? That can be very difficult! Why not just look for a BB1 VTEC model prelude from 92-96, that way you have best of both worlds, the 5-speed and VTEC.
Also, considering you are looking for another job, why not just build a custom kit with a cheaper turbo than a GT35R?

All I can say is read, research, and then read some more!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mberndt said:
The trim can be attributed to either the compressor wheel or the turbine (exhaust wheel).
Yes, the larger the trim, the more air it will be able to flow, but it will "spool up" slower than the turbo with the smaller trim wheel.
You are swapping in a 5-speed? That can be very difficult! Why not just look for a BB1 VTEC model prelude from 92-96, that way you have best of both worlds, the 5-speed and VTEC.
Also, considering you are looking for another job, why not just build a custom kit with a cheaper turbo than a GT35R?

All I can say is read, research, and then read some more!

wuts the fun in buying a car thats already how u want it... im building my car to my liking because its going to be an ongoing project.. and im set on the gt35 because im aiming for high #'s and as for the 5sp swap... with all the parts and the help of a few friends.. it could be done ina weekend

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.