Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i hope you can all figure out what i'm talking about, the door that hides the gas cap on my Integra it doesn't clamp down. I mean usually you have to pull the switch next to the trunk realease next to the drivers seat but that doesn't seem to do anything. I am able to open the door just by pulling it with my fingers.

What i want to know is there a way to fix this and reattach whatever so that i have to use the switch inside the car?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
yes

u might have to get a new cable or a new latch for inside ur gas lid..

what id do first is take off ur int trim from inside the area where its at and see if its connected, or if theres a way to tighten it up. some cars are different and ive never worked on a tegs gas lid before. If u can, try to take off all that so i can get a good look from the inside of ur trunk area.

if its the cable its not expensive and if its the switch its not expensive. if its the switch inside the car then it will cost some money thoe

see what u can find then let me know ill try to see if i can help u out more if u can find out what its doing on the inside

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.