Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bout to put on my new apexi ws2 exhaust, new comptech high flow cat, new megan header. i already have on am aem cold air. so how's my gas mileage gonna be? people with the similar set up, i/h/e. how did it effect your mileage. i hope to get more. but i wanna hear what others have seen.. :confused
thanks
Matt

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well, I have a fake J's Racing intake, stock header, Carsound high-flow cat and Apexi WS exhaust and city mileage is exactly what the estimated gas mileage, but highway I get better than the estimated (EPA est. is 30/35, I get 30/39), but I usually have a pretty heavy foot around town. And when I'm talking about city driving, I'm talking like only 15 min. or less trips, nothing but stop-and-go hitting lights all the time, etc. so getting the EPA est. gas mileage I consider damn good. I would expect yours to be similar.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I'm boosting 7psi and have a 9.xxx A/F ratio while in boost and still get 27mpg combined, I got 23mpg when my car was stock. :confused :bh

Of course it was an automatic before.....

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool, most of driving is interstate, thats why i'm kinda interesting in putting a taller 5th gear in the tranny. i'd be pulling so killer MPG's. anyways, i was driving today and my car started sputtering AGAIN. so i guess i need to replace the spark plugs, wires, rotor and cap AGAIN. i seem to go through those like oil changes. :bh , good thing i have a lifetime warrenty on the wires, i just take um into autozone and walk out wit a brand new box of wires :clap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.