Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 civic ex, i was wondering if there was anyway to change the color of the dashboard gauges. Where the speed, engine temp, gas and all those gauges are. Me and a friend of mine want to change the color but are not sure how to or if you even can.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
!!EVERYONE, READ THIS!! CHEAP GAUGE CLUSTER UPGRADE!!!!

JustinJ14 said:
I have a 98 civic ex, i was wondering if there was anyway to change the color of the dashboard gauges. Where the speed, engine temp, gas and all those gauges are. Me and a friend of mine want to change the color but are not sure how to or if you even can.
I have a 98 Civic EX and just went from stock lights to blue LED gauges.
It's easy as hell:

You need:

Phillips head screwdriver.(Magnetic helps not to lose screws :lol2 )
6 - size 74 LED (color of your choice
1 - size 194 LED lights (probly 4 or 8, but I went with a 7440 15 LED (BRIGHT! :clap ) but I had to modify the plug on the 7440 to make it fit.)

take out 2 screws on top of black plastic surrounding gauges.
take out 4 screws around gauges.
Pull gauges out. You will need to unplug the harnesses at the back of the gauge cluster. Just pinch the vertical clip and pull them out.

Now you will see some lights screwed into a plastic backing. Just unscrew the small brown ones, and place your size 74 lights in there. (4 on back, and 2 on the front at the top.)
Then unscrew the large one, replace with your size 194 light, and replace everything.

Reinstall in reverse, and takes about 15 minutes.

Lights (LEDs) can all be found pretty cheap at www.superlumination.com.

GOOD LUCK!! :byye ENJOY YOUR NEW GAUGES!! :bow
reps returned and appreciated...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts