Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys..i've installed indiglo gauges at my previous cars and all of them failed after some time...my question is..for the wire where you have to connect to get power...how do you do that...i know taht you're supposed to tap into the black wire with red strip..or red wire w/ black sripes (not sure) but how do you guys tap it? any ideas? i tried just forcing the wire into the socket but it came off after a while..and i tried using a wire-tap from radioshack but it didn't work....not sure if it's the wrong size or the wrong equipment...can you guys give me some ideas?

· Registered
604 Posts
Tapping the parking light circuit is usually the best plan since this will turn your gauges on with the parking light. The BEST way is to tap the fuse with a fuse tap or a special pigtail fuse. Not sure where you can find this in a store... they're regular mini fuses that have a wire soldered on one end.

If you want to order this, tessco.com has them. Otherwise, PM or email me and I'll see what I can do.

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PupaScoopa said:
Tapping the parking light circuit is usually the best plan since this will turn your gauges on with the parking light. The BEST way is to tap the fuse with a fuse tap or a special pigtail fuse. Not sure where you can find this in a store... they're regular mini fuses that have a wire soldered on one end.

If you want to order this, tessco.com has them. Otherwise, PM or email me and I'll see what I can do.
where is the parking light circuit located...

· Registered
274 Posts
You can also find the parking light circuit at the fusebox. Above the fuses there is a row of male spade terminals. Use a meter to see which one shows 0V with the parking lights off and which one shows 12V with the parking lights on. (I don't remember off the top of my head which terminal it is and it may vary between years.) You can then use a female spade connector to plug onto the terminal. No need to cut or splice into any wires! (This goes for almost all Civics and Integras)

There is also a RED/BLACK wire at the fusebox for the parking light circuit as well as in a harness that plugs into the instrument cluster that you can solder into, but the spade terminal at the fusebox is one of the easiest ways to go.

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
acuradriva said:
you know the wires that you disconnect from the cluster? one of the wires is in there. just use a meter and find it. thats how i did it. then i just cut the wire and spliced in the gauges.
oh..i think i know the wire that you're talking abt...i did that but i didn't cut and spliced the wires...i just kinda stuck the wire into the scoket..and then after a while it fell off....so you just peel the wire off and spliced it in huh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.