Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94 civic ex and recently i was driving and all my gauges went out in the gauge cluster everything went out tach,speedo,gas,and coolant gauge and even the tip and milaege so i have no way of telling anything and my turn signals nor hazards work i went to honda and they told me it would be 1100 dollars plus labor for this and i was wondering if somebody else had this problem my car only has 125000 on the chasis and 40000 on the new d16z6 that insurance gratefully put in their i checked all the wires that i can get my hands to and checked every fuse i could find in the car does anybody have any kinda insight on this please help me??????Thanks for your time guys

·
Registered
396 Posts
sounds like a fuse blew. check the fuse block underhood and under the dash, see if any of the fuses are blown. if you find one that's gone, take it out and go to a hardware/electronics store and buy a replacement. you said your hazards/blinkers don't work, do your headlights still work?
hopefully it's just a fuse, good luck man.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Hmm, try replacing the cluster, maybe yours went out. You checked both fuse boxes right? I'm having somewhat a similar problem. That little noise doesn't beep when my keys are out and door is open with the headlights on, and my dome light doesn't turn on when my door is open, and if my door is open and I arm my alarm, it doesn't know either. I've checked all fuses and shit too, I think I might've mashed a wire somewhere or something.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was told by honda it was the whole wiring harness and i have check both boxes and the thing is mine beeps even when the car is on and the door is open. So i dunno what the deal is anybody else have any suggestions thanks i appreciat all the input i have gotten already.

·
Registered
282 Posts
That happened to me in my 94 Civic EX. I took it to my buddy at a stereo shop (also because I was going to buy some shit) but he looked at it and relpaced the MAIN fuse. Thats what he said and did, and everything worked fine after that.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Maybe you lost the power wire to your cluster. I can't really explain an easy way to do this but I'll try. If you have a test light and some time on your hands, take apart the gauge cluster not completely though, you will need it hooked up still, if you havent already taken it apart, then turn the car on. If you had a wiring diagram it would be a lot easier. I'm not sure if you're going to be checking for just a main source of power or what. I would think the that cluster turns on when the car turns on, so if there are no lights that turn on, on the test light, on any wires, there your problem. It means that the power somehow isn't getting there. My suggestion would be, like before, to get a wiring diagram, figure out which wire you need to test, and when you do find it, and there is no power going to it, just splice into something else that also turns on when you turn on your accessories.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks i will try that today to see if any results come outta it anyway i will get back to you and leave an update thanks again

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
well, the exact same thing happened to me. The whole cluster stopped workin, tach, speedo..everything. Also the lights went out and the blinkers didnt work. Know what it was? A freakin fuse under the dash. it had just slid out of place a little bit, reached down there, pushed it back it and "ding ding ding" everything worked. So that might be what it was, i know u checked the fuse box under the hood..but try the one under the dash :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
door pin?

jai si said:
Hmm, try replacing the cluster, maybe yours went out. You checked both fuse boxes right? I'm having somewhat a similar problem. That little noise doesn't beep when my keys are out and door is open with the headlights on, and my dome light doesn't turn on when my door is open, and if my door is open and I arm my alarm, it doesn't know either. I've checked all fuses and shit too, I think I might've mashed a wire somewhere or something.
does the dome light not work with both doors? if it works with the pass door and not with the driver's door, you just have a bad pin switch on the drivers door. comon problem i've seen installing alarm systems. L8z

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yeah I fixed it already the connector on the door sensor was off, don't know why though..? It was working before...actually come to think of it, I probably pulled it off when I was running the hot wire for my amp, that fucker was thick! haha. Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
check ur fuses but shit if u had a vtec motor that sucks bad cuz ur vtec doesnt work if the speedometer is dead.

·
Registered
118 Posts
WTF are you talkin about????

asianpride559 said:
check ur fuses but shit if u had a vtec motor that sucks bad cuz ur vtec doesnt work if the speedometer is dead.

Daaaaaaamn man...... puff, puff give!! I want some of whatever you're smokin'!! If your spedo don't work.... your v-tec won't work.... whaaaaaaattttttt!!! Sorry, but a lil' honda knowledge here bro...... V-TEC works off of oil pressure not your speedo!
L8z

·
Registered
432 Posts
Everybody is jumping on fuses, but the dealer says $1,100 to fix. That's not a fuse. Sounds like something in the wiring inside the steering column or under the dash. I'd pick up a Helm electrical manual for your car and track it down. Of course, you'll need someone with electrical or electronic experience.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.