Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the process of running wires for gauges but I don't know how I want to set it up. Rigt now I have a 3 gauge pillar pod and I need 2 more spots. I was thinking of getting a 2 gauge cluster pod but they dont make them for EG's... so now I don't know where to put the other 2 gauges. I dont want them in top of the dash thats ugly, but I dont want them so far down underneath that you cant see them. Right now I'm running A/F ratio, F/Pr, engine temp, boost, and EGT... I want the boost and F/Pr in a spot thats easy to monitor...

Start throwing out some ideas or if anyone has any pics of nice setups post them up!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
if you have one of those crappy narrow band af gauges dont even bother using it. its useles when it comes to tuning but does look cool.

I would just put that af gaue in the coin spot or something like that put all other is the gauge pillar.

EDIT check this glowshift.com has a dash top mounting kit to make it all nice and smooth!!

http://glowshift.com/gspods.htm

·
Registered
124 Posts
Choose which two you dont really need all the time, and run them to the glovebox. Seriously, my friend turboed a 91 sedan, and hid the boost guage in the box, only opened it when he need it> = SLEEPER

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boost, EGT, and F/pr are the ones I want easily viewable. I just dont know where to put the other 2 guages. I looked at that site that was posted earlier bbut all they had was pillar pods for the EG's... and cups. I thought about getting a couple cups and mounting them on the bottom side of the dash, one on each side of the steering wheel but then I'm gona be hitting them with my legs... I dont care about being "sleeper"... its more than obvious I have work done to my car theres no hiding anything lol.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You have a 95 Civic, right? I think take the center console and remove the cup holders, and get a 2 pod shroud or cups mount them there. Even mold them in with some fiberglass and make it look good. Or another idea, this is where I am going to put my new tach, the center air vents. Just take out one, so air will still come out of it, and same thing fibergllass it in. Plus the wiring for that spot is already there, run it from the clock.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm... I found some pillar pods for right-hand drive vehicles... so I was thinking of just putting 2 gauges on the passener side... what do you guys think of this? I would still be able to read them fine I would think...

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
I see you didnt mention oil pressure. If youre running a turbo, it would sure suck if your feed line sprung a leak and didnt lube/cool your turbo, causing it to seize up.

Honestly, boost, oil pressure, egt should be in the a pillar pod. Keep the fuel pressure under the hood (its cheaper anyway). a/f is useless. Engine temp is kinda useles too.. Your car has a temp gauge that will work fine for a daily.

·
Registered
107 Posts
civic_x_95 said:
Hmmm... I found some pillar pods for right-hand drive vehicles... so I was thinking of just putting 2 gauges on the passener side... what do you guys think of this? I would still be able to read them fine I would think...
i dout that you would be able to read them from the driver side[left side]. since thoes gauges are ment for right hand drive, then it would be facing your passenger side. IMO. but hey sit in your passenger side and see if you can read gauges from the driver side.
and as for mounting your gauges, i thought it would be cool to mount it in place of the stock radio. radio block off plate then just cut and mount them there. there my 2 cents, hope this helps

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OnBoostD16 said:
I see you didnt mention oil pressure. If youre running a turbo, it would sure suck if your feed line sprung a leak and didnt lube/cool your turbo, causing it to seize up.

Honestly, boost, oil pressure, egt should be in the a pillar pod. Keep the fuel pressure under the hood (its cheaper anyway). a/f is useless. Engine temp is kinda useles too.. Your car has a temp gauge that will work fine for a daily.
yeah my temp gauge stpooed working thats why I got an aftermarket one...

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
civic_x_95 said:
yeah my temp gauge stpooed working thats why I got an aftermarket one...
in that case, aftermarket :number1

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
plus the temp gauge ,stocker, doesnt show slght raises in temp it just shows either cold,normal, or WAY TO HOT!!

it will just jump way the hell up out of nowhere, aftermarket will solve this by showing exact degrees.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah my stock gauge climbs all the way up as soon as it gets juice... I swapped out the one from my parts car but I just realized that it wont matter cuz I have the aftermarket temp sensor in place and its not hooked up to it lol... oh well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.