Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I might get the gauge cluster wiring diagram(or description) for an 01 civic? Also does anyone know if the cluster is compatible with a newer integra? They look the same from the front. I just got a gauge cluster for an 01 civic and would like to put it in my 99 civic if possible. I have the haynes manual for mine but have no idea what the pins on the new one go to. The hanesses are totally different, but I think if I can figure out the wiring on the new one I can splice them together. Mainly I just need to know what each of the pins are for. Thanks in advance for any help!

· Registered
1,104 Posts
basically, if the style looks the same, you can, but the harness might be different.... if not, then you really can't because you can't fit a round peg in a square hole if you know what I mean. I have a 98 ex auto cluster in my 97 manual and it works, so.....

· Registered
2,356 Posts
RichyRichaPC said:
basically, if the style looks the same, you can, but the harness might be different.... if not, then you really can't because you can't fit a round peg in a square hole if you know what I mean. I have a 98 ex auto cluster in my 97 manual and it works, so.....
It's not the same though.. Those are both 6gen Civic clusters.. He's talking about taking a 7gen Civic cluster and putting it into his 6gen..

· Registered
111 Posts
two helms manuals if worst comes to worst. it's gonna take some time and patience if they need to be totally rewired, but it should be just about the same. Do the plugs fit? If so, duck tape that bad boy in place and drive around to see if it works. Then worry about mounting it

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, the plugs don't fit. I can "make" some new ones by splicing into my old wiring in parallel so nothings permanent. I just need to know what wire goes where on the new cluster. Ya if there isn't anywhere on the net that describes it another helms manual would do the trick. They're just rather pricey though... Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.