Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright now i have two instrument gauge clusters out of a 1997 dx, both are manual and are the same except the new cluster's water temp gauge works. mine has 156,098 on it and the new cluster i got has 136,987. i am not attempting fraud which is all it turned up when i searched was people talking about mileage fraud. can i pull my whole speedo/odometer out and put it in this gauge just like that or is there some sort of failsafe in the odometer that as soon as its messed with with trip the fraud button? thanks you honda gurus!

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and no i just dont want to swap water temp gauges as i paid pretty good to get this cluster which is in better shape anyways

· Registered
7,297 Posts
i think you can get a ticket or notice or something from the DMV showing the mileage of your car and the mileage of the new odometer so there is proof of the actual mileage on the car

· Registered
10,346 Posts
contact the DMV and ask em. MOst liekly you will get some paperwork for the mileage change on the cluster or they may direct you to a honda dealership to have it adjusted

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
it just screws in pull out and swap nothing special.

if you tell the dmv it was replaced they will change the car to mileage exempt and state it was replaced

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i just swapped it out and put the correct mileage in. it was easy, just 4 screws. i was just afraid that if i took it out it would "trip" and it wouldn't work so i started with the wrong mileage first. easy as pie, sorry i haven't had time to post with the outcome but i thank all of you for your help. ltlblkcvc i love your signautre with the anti-txt tlk!

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
yeah i just swapped it out and put the correct mileage in. it was easy, just 4 screws. i was just afraid that if i took it out it would "trip" and it wouldn't work so i started with the wrong mileage first. easy as pie, sorry i haven't had time to post with the outcome but i thank all of you for your help. ltlblkcvc i love your signautre with the anti-txt tlk!
good job.

I support good grammar!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.