Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Gear grinding after short shifter.

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  mattliston 
Did you install it correctly? I never had an issue installing a STS. Infact, they help shifting, not hurt it.

Make sure everything was tightened down and what not. Did you replace the bushings on the shifter and tranny side? If so, did you lube the bushings?

If you cant figure it out, take it all out and re install, while checking everything out for fitment and whatnot. Its possible parts were mixed up or a wrong part number was recieved.

stop yer ricer street racing and you wont grind it :lmao just kidding:D

Dont run on the streeet period. Running on the streeet itself is stupid no matter how you do it.

so you don't have any speeding tickets? at all. you've never once gone past the speed limit. you don't accellerate rapidly ever on the street? is that why you have mods on your daily driver to make it go faster?
All my mods were either for their extreme cheapness (fake ass exhaust to replace rusty OEM), header was to get a new O2 sensor in their, OEM manifold wouldnt let go, CAI was for gasmileage

But Ive sold the CAI (unemployed, need money), sourced a OEM manifold for uber cheap, gonna swap that for gas mileage and money.

I occasionally accelerate quick, Ive got one speeding ticket, 33 in a 25, late for a college final, other than that, never got anything else on my driving record.

I dont street race ever, when a *** pulls next to me, sees the H badge, and automatically revs, I look at him like hes a ***, then turn my music up.

/rant

The biggest reason why I talk shit about people running on the street is because Ive had my life and more importantly, my passengers life threatened by someone elses "uber racing ability".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.