Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Gear grinding after short shifter.

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  mattliston 
#1 ·
I have a si civic transmission from an 99-00 civic si. After putting in a gsr shifter my 3rd gear starting grinding at certain rpms, but doesn't grind if I double clutch. This has happened to me with a previous civic after installing an ebay short shifter. Also is happening to my friends del sol with a b&m short shifter and gsr tranny. Is ther anyway to fix this problem without changing syncros.

#2 ·
Did you install it correctly? I never had an issue installing a STS. Infact, they help shifting, not hurt it.

Make sure everything was tightened down and what not. Did you replace the bushings on the shifter and tranny side? If so, did you lube the bushings?

If you cant figure it out, take it all out and re install, while checking everything out for fitment and whatnot. Its possible parts were mixed up or a wrong part number was recieved.

#4 ·
stop yer ricer street racing and you wont grind it :lmao just kidding:D

#6 ·
Dont run on the streeet period. Running on the streeet itself is stupid no matter how you do it.

#10 ·
The biggest reason why I talk shit about people running on the street is because Ive had my life and more importantly, my passengers life threatened by someone elses "uber racing ability".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.