Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello can u guys help me to pick one of the box, i got a B16A auto on my car and i plan to swap into std so which box should i take cable box or hydraulic box? thanks

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
^^ same question. and what are your plans for it? boost? na? you have to give us a little more info than that captain...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got a 1998 honda civic h/b EK4 i plan to put in a B20B block on the B16A head

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
i got a 1998 honda civic h/b EK4 i plan to put in a B20B block on the B16A head

you want a hydro trans. for boost ill recommend an ls trans. for a nice na build i recomend a b16 trans.

either way you kinda need to decide what your going for before choosing the trans. you dont want to spend 400$ on a b16 trans just to swap it later cause you decide to boost. you see what i mean.

·
Registered
242 Posts
ls tranny is good i used that for my crx project but the ITR tranny is the best in my opinion if you can find one decently cheap just for the fact the gears are shorter and it comes with lsd

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i know the ITR tranny is the best but i can't find any at where i am plus is hard to find any of B series tranny too so now i get a Y1 cable tranny so i am wonder if i can conver into hydraulic tranny

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
yeah i know the ITR tranny is the best but i can't find any at where i am plus is hard to find any of B series tranny too so now i get a Y1 cable tranny so i am wonder if i can conver into hydraulic tranny
itr trannies cost too much man. plus an itr tranny would suck with boost... youd never hook. and ls is perfect for boost. and a b16 is grat for na. now if you can find a itr tranny for les than 600$ snag one up man and run that bitch na haha or find something to put it in. lol

fuck b series..

save the SOHC:number1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts