Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
My original post
First GOW had bad ass cover system, this game has same system but the placement of objects and moving from cover to cover just isn't the same. All the pull switches/lever stuff is somewhat stupid

Dude have you even played the game yourself?? Do you let the internet reviews do everything for you?
I have both seen and read that post multiple times. However, it seems you were unable to do the same: read my last post, it answers both of your questions, but I'll throw you the quick answers anyway:

A) YES, I have played GoW2, but NO I do not own it yet. I will be picking it up this weekend.

B) I am NOT saying you are wrong, nor do I let reviews dictate my personal opinion. However, your comments sent up a red flag, as they are opposite of everything else I have read at this point. AGAIN, I look forward to formulating my own opinion on the game after I pick it up this weekend.

Thanks for the input. :)

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have both seen and read that post multiple times.
Once more =)
First GOW had bad ass cover system, this game has same system but the placement of objects and moving from cover to cover just isn't the same. All the pull switches/lever stuff is somewhat stupid

How are you going to tell me that my opinion is wrong? I said "SAME SYSTEM" however first one did not have pull a level/switch/walk on a button or close-up to make cover appear/disappear. Nor did enemies have cover come up for them that wasn't there before the battle was engaged. If you play both campaigns you will understand.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I finished the game, liked it. Visually it was on par with the first, with some enhancements, and no slowdown, I liked it :)

The story was....well, I won't rag on it, but I think it was sub-par, then again, Epic has never been a story driven developer.

Can't comment on Multiplayer, $50 a yr and all that.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
multiplayer is sick, especially horde mode

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
I finished the game, liked it. Visually it was on par with the first, with some enhancements, and no slowdown, I liked it :)

The story was....well, I won't rag on it, but I think it was sub-par, then again, Epic has never been a story driven developer.

Can't comment on Multiplayer, $50 a yr and all that.
I agree about the $50. It kinda pisses me off, especially when they have server issues. PS3 doesn't charge you shit and they have minimal issues. But thats a arguement for another thread

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
eh i didnt buy the game, only played it a few times. i know multiplayer sucked on GOW1

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
eh i didnt buy the game, only played it a few times. i know multiplayer sucked on GOW1
After you get used to multiplayer on gow1 its awesome
gow2 just sucks, I put the fucker in the other day and wanted to burn it and piss on it. I
tossed in gow1 and most the people that I play with were playing that. Kinda bad when a game has only been out for a month and people have quit playing it and have put back in a 2 year old game

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
gow2 just sucks, I put the fucker in the other day and wanted to burn it and piss on it. I
tossed in gow1 and most the people that I play with were playing that. Kinda bad when a game has only been out for a month and people have quit playing it and have put back in a 2 year old game
thats how i am with Halo. i play Halo 2 more than 3

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
I see that alot with people I play with. Never knew why
I never got into halo so I don't know
sometimes just learning the maps and spending so much time on them makes playing that game more fun than a newer game

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
sometimes just learning the maps and spending so much time on them makes playing that game more fun than a newer game
thats the funny part with gow2
They put 4 of the old maps in the game, and all I have played were them maps. I asked the people playing, why the hell are we playing gow1 maps. We might as well just play gow1.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
That's because some gamers are adverse to change and seem to cower in fear/get extremely defensive when changes are made to their beloved game.

I'm glad you and your friends came to a consensus on which game you like better, but keep in mind this is only your opinion. I know quite a few people at this point who have all said GoW2 is much better than the original. To each his own.

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
That's because some gamers are adverse to change and seem to cower in fear/get extremely defensive when changes are made to their beloved game.

I'm glad you and your friends came to a consensus on which game you like better, but keep in mind this is only your opinion. I know quite a few people at this point who have all said GoW2 is much better than the original. To each his own.
Cower is fear?? I'm damn sure no one will be playing this game in 3 years (like they are with gow1)
Sounds like someone has his own opinion, or wait, was it given to him by the media that says what games are the ones you should be playing.
Settle down halo boy, I'm sure they will release a new game pack so you can suck that game off some more

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Cower is fear?? I'm damn sure no one will be playing this game in 3 years (like they are with gow1)
Sounds like someone has his own opinion, or wait, was it given to him by the media that says what games are the ones you should be playing.
Settle down halo boy, I'm sure they will release a new game pack so you can suck that game off some more
I was making an observation, no need to get to defensive there champ.

It's true though: oftentimes when a game develops a following, said following will immediately label any changes as "bad," simply because it breaks the mold and feels different in contrast to what was initially in place.

I didn't say this was true in your case, but from the surface it sure as hell looks like it. Did I immediately like the feel of Halo 2 after Halo: CE? Nope. What about the transition from Halo 2 to Halo 3? Well, it was easier than the first time, but there were definitely things that felt awkward (things that I didn't like), but over time many of these details revealed what they truly were: improvements.

Do I have an opinion? Yes, HOWEVER, no one else develops my opinion for me. I've been gaming for years, I own all three "next-gen" consoles, and I play many different games ranging a large number of genres. Contrary to what you are insinuating, I can tell a game's quality for myself.

You can shove your childish insults up your ass. I do enjoy the Halo franchise, but I haven't touched the game in quite a while. My five most recently played games include Fable II, Fallout 3, Madden '09, Forza 2, Persona 3, and I'm thinking about popping in Oblivion tonight. I can find the good games all by myself, thanks though. ;)

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
I was making an observation, no need to get to defensive there champ.

It's true though: oftentimes when a game develops a following, said following will immediately label any changes as "bad," simply because it breaks the mold and feels different in contrast to what was initially in place.

I didn't say this was true in your case, but from the surface it sure as hell looks like it. Did I immediately like the feel of Halo 2 after Halo: CE? Nope. What about the transition from Halo 2 to Halo 3? Well, it was easier than the first time, but there were definitely things that felt awkward (things that I didn't like), but over time many of these details revealed what they truly were: improvements.

Do I have an opinion? Yes, HOWEVER, no one else develops my opinion for me. I've been gaming for years, I own all three "next-gen" consoles, and I play many different games ranging a large number of genres. Contrary to what you are insinuating, I can tell a game's quality for myself.

You can shove your childish insults up your ass. I do enjoy the Halo franchise, but I haven't touched the game in quite a while. My five most recently played games include Fable II, Fallout 3, Madden '09, Forza 2, Persona 3, and I'm thinking about popping in Oblivion tonight. I can find the good games all by myself, thanks though. ;)
You sure are quick to judge my opinion and tell me other peoples opinion. I have yet to see you form a opinion on your own in this thread. No answer, oh wait, you are still waiting for more reviews to come in before you make your decision.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Lmao, you hit it right on money, I was pretty sure it wouldn't settle well with him and he'll do his passive-aggressive shit where he backs off a little still defends his statement, scroll to next post and sure enough... :ninja

Btw, for the record I wasn't a big Halo:CE fan but instantly loved Halo2 the first time I played it. Loved R6Vegas & GRAW and had no gripes whatsoever with thier sequels. Like Gran Turismo on PS1, never played GT2 but loved GT3 on PS2 right off the bat. There goes that theory Mr. Del Sol, I suggest you broaden your FAVORITE LINKS section so you can base you opinion off some better opinions :) Oh yea, the pot has been stirred!

41 - 60 of 71 Posts