Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shopping around for awhile now to find a good place to get my windows tinted, and I found a place not even 10 miles from my house. The owner said he would do everything and my sunroof for 160 bucks, which is about $40 cheaper than anywhere else. I think i'm going to go with 35%, I was wondering what everyone else has/likes on dark cars? and how much did you guys pay for your tint job?

-Ben

·
Registered
112 Posts
In Orlando, most places are around $160 but there is this place around the corner from me that actually PLOTs the tint out on a plotter for yur specific car and then puts it on so there is no chance of snags and shit like that or mistakes.

Here in Columbus its more expensive because the tint laws here are 50%. Its gay. I am having to pay $70 to get my Jeep tinted and I am only doing 2 windows...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
BrokenLimits said:
In Orlando, most places are around $160 but there is this place around the corner from me that actually PLOTs the tint out on a plotter for yur specific car and then puts it on so there is no chance of snags and shit like that or mistakes.

Here in Columbus its more expensive because the tint laws here are 50%. Its gay. I am having to pay $70 to get my Jeep tinted and I am only doing 2 windows...
Damn i only paid 100bucks up in Toledo. But my aunt's boss did know the owner if that isnt a weird connection.

I got it from Toledo auto trim 15% it's the shit, they did an extremly good job it almost looks like it was oem tint. :number1

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I will definitely take some new pics of my car once I get it tinted.

I bet it will make a huge difference.
When I was cruisin around in my friends black 00 Si he parked next to an identical Si... we took a step back and were like WTF..

They are both completely stock Si's why does the other guy's look so much sportier and cleaner...?

After about 10 min of our stoned minds working at 100% load we finally figured out that it was cuz the other guy's car was tinted.

Now my buddy has 5% limo tint in the back and it looks sick....and last week he installed KYB AGX and H&R sports because he liked how my car rode and handled so much....I bet it looks tight...too bad he's in Cali and I'm in Oregon now.

Moral of Story: 2 biggest appearance upgrades, Tint and Drop! Rims if the car comes with fugly ones....but Si rims are sexy

·
Registered
941 Posts
Tinting is a must and great during summer, I got 25% all around on mine. No hassle from cops I got all mine done for 160, but I had some older tint on mine that turned purple from the previous owner so the removal charge was included.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
KoolAsian said:
Tinting is a must and great during summer, I got 25% all around on mine. No hassle from cops I got all mine done for 160, but I had some older tint on mine that turned purple from the previous owner so the removal charge was included.
Hmm....where are you in Oregon? I'd rather not break the law cuz I already have illegal parts on my car + 2 tickets and a DUI ...

!!! Horrible horrible

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
I just pulled my front tint off yeaterday! I got pulled over! The law in VA is 50% up front and 35% in the back!

I have 32% all around!

Cop said if i take it off ticket goes away! Im just going to retint it affter!

You know you can buy pre cut tint for your car and put it on! it cost $50-$60. Its eiser then what people think! But taking it off is a diff. story! http://www.540tint.com

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i paid 140 for 5% all around (excluding windshield) i used to work at night, and driving in the day hurt me eyes like a mother... night driving wasn't hard for me then, but since i no longer do that shit anymore, 5% is harder than shit to see out of at low-light situations now... the law here is whatever in the rear, 35% in the front...
The law in VA is 50% up front and 35% in the back!
that makes no sense having it darker in the front and lighter in the rear, you sure you didn't get that reversed?

anyway ~150 is a decent price, but i'd want to see some cars they are *currently working on... many people have a gap at the top of the window (which is hardly noticeable) but my tint goes nearly all the way to the top... looks much better IMHO.. but small stuff like that means alot to me

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
i paid 140 for 5% all around (excluding windshield) i used to work at night, and driving in the day hurt me eyes like a mother... night driving wasn't hard for me then, but since i no longer do that shit anymore, 5% is harder than shit to see out of at low-light situations now... the law here is whatever in the rear, 35% in the front... that makes no sense having it darker in the front and lighter in the rear, you sure you didn't get that reversed?

anyway ~150 is a decent price, but i'd want to see some cars they are *currently working on... many people have a gap at the top of the window (which is hardly noticeable) but my tint goes nearly all the way to the top... looks much better IMHO.. but small stuff like that means alot to me
Yes its right! 50% means how munch light passes through! So 50% is lighter then 32%! I had 32% all the way around! And now I have 100% up front and 32% in the back!

They should have used the outside of the window first and then cut! But most shops have computers doing it now!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.