Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37,990 Posts
Well today, I had to leave college mid class to attend to a previous court date about 20 miles away.

Get into court, the windshield ticket gets droped because I fixed it and I plead guilty to the inspection ticket.

I think... great... finally took care of my last ticket, I'm scott free.

Get back on the highway, and drive back to get back to class.

I'm following the traffic, behind a car, day dreaming like the usual, go by a U turn and see a state troope jump into it from the other side of the highway and pull right back out. (3 lane each way).

So I'm thinking it's either me, or the guy in front of me.

I change lanes, I see he changes them after me, so I know he's after me so I pull over.

To paint the picture, I'm still in a suit with a tie and everything after the court.

Car off, hazards on, keys out, hands on steering wheel, sit and wait for him to put down the cellphone and come up.

5 minutes later he comes up to the window and tells me he got me at 76, it's a 55mph zone, but its right after it drops off from being 65, so most people keep going 75 like they were going before.

He asks me where I'm coming from, and I tell him, ironically enough, court, he asks me where I'm going and I tell him the college name. I hand him the registration and ask permission to unbuckle and try to get my wallet out (I have a broken collar bone at the moment, so it's not that easy to do stuff like that).

He asks me if licence is clean and I tell him it is.

To make a long story short he hands me the ticket and goes on the way.

Now usually I don't have a problem getting tickets if I drive like an asshole (on the bike or the fast car) but here I am in my friends stock auto 95 accord, following the traffic, going back to school from court, getting my highest speeding ticket I've ever got (21 over).

I wouldnt even be up there if I didn't have to take care of the other tickets, I'd be hapily in school studying.

Now I'm not new to tickets or the court system, but I'm almost outraged to get a ticket for a competely innocent offence, the traffic always goes that speed there, I was honest and polite, I just got my fine for the other ones and I'm just trying to get back to school.

I'm almost thinking of buying my own radar gun, going back onto that stretch of highway and taping the speeds of passing by motorists going that same speed.

bah.
its a speed trap, his ass was sitting there for a reason. you were speeding in the zone, so you will fail at trying to fight it.

·
Registered
37,990 Posts
there is a zone like that here in San antonio, one of the major roads goes from 45mph to 30mph instantly.

ive gotten 3 tickets from that shit. and its a great hangout for traffic officers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.