Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what the Seller has listed on E-bay.

I reacently bought this kit brand new. I was going to install in on my 2000 civic ex. I was going to install it during my winter break but ran short on money because I have to pay for school. Here are the specs. These descriptions are exactly like the one from the person i bought the kit from. Sale is final, the product is sold as is.

Fits any "D"-series motor. including D15, D16 ( Z SERIES OK ) This manifold was custom-made to be used with a 35mm or 38mm external wastegate and this manifold and down-pipe allows you to retain A/C and power steering.

This manifold and downpipe is for Garrett T3 and T3/T4 Turbos. The manifold and down-pipe are both made out of SUS304 Hi-Grade Stainless to help disperse heat. This manifold is drag-race quality, and similarly design manifolds can be found on professional drag cars. Manifold has flange for an external wastegate. And since this manifold is tubular steel, it flows better than cheap cast iron and is less prone to cracking.

Down-pipe allows you to retain your A/C and power steering. There is a flange for the end of the down-pipe will bolt-on to your catalytic converter so you do no have to cut and weld your exhaust to make this down-pipe fit. Down-pipe also has a bung for the O2 sensor.

TURBO INFO FOR D16 CIVIC TURBO -

Brand New in The Box - TURBO 3" INLET DIAMETER 2" OUTLET WET FLOATING BALL BEARINGS 1/8 NPT OIL INLET T3 / T4 FOOTPRINT OK !! SPECS: .57 COMPRESSOR WHEEL TRIM GARRETT STAGE III .60 A/R COMPRESSOR .63 A/R TURBINE THIS TURBO CAN EASILY DO 25 psi 530 whp MANIFOLD AND DOWNPIPE AND TURBO PICS LIST BRAND NEW TURBO BRAND NEW MANIFOLD DOWNPIPE WITH O2 BUNG 90 DEGREE ELBOW GASKET SET BOLT SET CAT FLANGE TURBO EXHAUST FLANGE

BUYER TO PAY ACTUAL SHIPPING
PIc of it to.

Here is my question, if I purchease this kit I don't seem to see that it comes with the Piping that connects from the Throttle body to the intercooler. " Isn't that the piping where the blowoff valve is" should it come with that piping, Do I need to buy it some where else? and if so, where else? is this a bad kit? I plan on purcheasing an intercooler, will that come with the piping I need. How does this work?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
it would help a lot if you can post the link to that ebayadd so we could read everything the guy has to say.
he doenst mention anything about an intercooler, pipes or blow off valve. you'll have to get those on your own.
he also doesnt mention aything about an external wastegate except that the manifold has a flage for it. so you'll have to buy an external wastegate on your own.
he doesnt list any type of electronic device that will help you install this turbo in order to work with your ecu.
i know there isnt a picture of that manifold posted but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say its probably a piece of crap made by ss autochrome.

ebay would be a good place to start looking for an intercooler and pipes, wastegate etc.

some of the suff he mentioned seemed confusing to me. i dont know much about garret turbos but this guy mentiones a t3/t4 that could make up to 530whp on a 1.6l sohc?? how the hell is that possible? i though t3/t4's are good for around 350hp at the most.

*EDIT* never mind. i found the link for the listing on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7947265438&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN%
3AIT#ebayphotohosting

·
Registered
444 Posts
id have to say no on that "kit", from the picture it looks like ssautoshit stuff and if so its definatly not worth the money since you will be buying new stuff verty shortly afterwards. i saw a thread on honda- t e c h . c o m that had pictures of a turbo from them that had actually split apart!!! yeah so only buy quality parts if your going to do something like boost

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i think its too late travizx0r...i was roaming around in the del sol forum and he posted there that he purchased the kit and was inquiring about intercooler pipes.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
travizx0r said:
id have to say no on that "kit", from the picture it looks like ssautoshit stuff and if so its definatly not worth the money since you will be buying new stuff verty shortly afterwards. i saw a thread on honda- t e c h . c o m that had pictures of a turbo from them that had actually split apart!!! yeah so only buy quality parts if your going to do something like boost
I actually saw that thread where the turbo was glued together! Like itr206 said........gotta love good ol ss!

·
Registered
444 Posts
haha damn that sucks for him. now he will spend double what he needs to. yeah ssautocrap never stops supprising me with more ways they can mess crap up.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
travizx0r said:
I saw that thread....it looked like it was glued together with krazy glue or something.

Turbo Rule #1: Don't cheap out on the important stuff (turbo, engine/fuel management, cooling)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the good new is, I never got a response back from the seller so I did not buy it. as for Honda - tech.com I was inquiring about it because when I do it, I want to know how to get it.

I purcheased a Kit, from a close friend of mine who owns the same car I do. Now as for boost I only want to run 5 PSi at the most.. right now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts