Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to take off my intake manifold/throttle body and clean them this spring before installing a oil catch can. What (if any) benefit do you think I would get by trying to dremel out any flash from the casting process on the inside, and doing a ghetto polish with a high speed drill and buffing bit... wouldn't hurt right? Gaining .5 Horsepower would make it worth while... it's free anyway... haha.

Any modifications I can do to the Stock H22a1 manifold/throttle body?

~Peace

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Yeah I would only cut off the flash / extra stuff poking out from the casting process. Polishing the rough interior of the intake manifold will decrease your fuel mixture.

You can polish the throttle body and do a few tricks. Which reminds me I should bust out with an article on this.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be greatly appreciated Mike! Did you ever get my PM about your exhaust?

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mike_sho said:
Yeah I would only cut off the flash / extra stuff poking out from the casting process. Polishing the rough interior of the intake manifold will decrease your fuel mixture.

You can polish the throttle body and do a few tricks. Which reminds me I should bust out with an article on this.
Wait... then what's the reason one would extrude hone their intake manifold... I'm looking at some pictures of Lisa Kubo's old H22 manifold and it's smooth as glass...

~Peace

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Wait... then what's the reason one would extrude hone their intake manifold... I'm looking at some pictures of Lisa Kubo's old H22 manifold and it's smooth as glass...

~Peace

cause when your cramming 30lbs of pressure into a motor perfect atomization is the last thing you give a shit about. its all about how much something can flow for those guys.

and 1000cc+ injectors arent notorious for having the best spray pattern. i wouldnt doubt it if there isnt a stream of raw gas being shot right into the cylinders

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just don't understand how the interior of the intake manifold can help atomize fuel if the injectors are located practically at the block... I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but can you explain why that would make a difference? Maybe I'm missing something here.

~Peace

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
you gotta have a swirl for the air to make the fuel mix up, having a smooth intake wont make any air turbulance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts