Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I have a sohc D16Z6 civic with a greddy td04,fields sfc,a/f gauge, type s bov, I was boosting 5.5 psi last year. This year I am putting on for sure a starion intercooler, vortech fmu and msd btm. I have stock internals and cant really afford to do the motor this year. I am told that I can boost 8 psi on stock internals is this true??. I am running out of money but I want to put aem fuel rail and rc 320's or 370's if I can afford it???? What size injecotrs would you suggest??? Would I dare run 8psi with stock fuel rail or stock fuel injectors??? Let me know if there is something I should do differently. How much do I dare boost with everything I listed but with stock internals???
Thanks for any input
Later

·
Registered
419 Posts
You sound just like me, I've been told by a few people on this board, 8psi max with standard internals and compression, and there are few dudes actually boostin that much everyday with no problems. So yeah I'm going to run a max of 8psi everday. But its going to be dyno tuned hopefully vey well.. PS I would get a high capacity fuel pump externals easiest.. Normally you would want some decent tuning instruments if your going to run larger injectors, most likely won't need larger ones though. Goodluck:D

·
Registered
666 Posts
You will probably be okay at 8 psi, but --> TUNE PROPERLY! As you get closer to the limit of your engine internals, there is less and less room for sloppy tuning. Be sure to put the car on a dyno and adjust your FMU (plates/springs/whatever yours uses) to match it to the boost curve. Knowing (not just guessing) your A/F ratio across the full rpm range is vital. Spend the $50 - $100 and dyno tune it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally found a place that has a dyno, my only worry is that the people there wont know how to help me tune my car. I know how to tune my car, I am just worried the guy running the dyno wont know how to read the readouts. Are they hard to read???
So you think that stock fuel rail and stock injectors will be ok then?? Thanks guys for your help, Much appreciated
Jay

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes to the fuel rail and injectors,since they are the dyno tuners they better know how to read their gauges:eek: ring them up and ask them if they've tuned any hondas before. I find these guys to be very informative, when they have time to talk. Remember the fuel pump though its practically a must.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a bosch inline 255lph fuel pump. I am not sure how I am going to make it work though because you have to leave my original intank fuel pump in right?? So how can it pull more fuel through that pump?? Do you disconect the original one??
Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
419 Posts
Not to sure about the pump but you definitely leave it in there the external or inline pump just sucks through it. It has a lot more power so it can pressurise the system a lot better. I have my mechanic installing mine so I not the best source of info. From the dyno it self you will get your whp and torque figures, but the biggest benefit will be the fact that the tuner, can tune the car while its supposedly in 4th gear pulling 6000rpm etc. They will have A/f meters Knock sensors all kinds of gear, to tell if your car can safely run the amount of boost your trying to run, without detonating. Hope this helped. Goodluck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
zcsohc said:
Not to sure about the pump but you definitely leave it in there the external or inline pump just sucks through it. It has a lot more power so it can pressurise the system a lot better. I have my mechanic installing mine so I not the best source of info. ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.