Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

How many would like a kickass price on a skyline I'll convert myself?

  • not really interested.

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I might do something.

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • write my name down, I'm saving money right now.

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • HOLY CRAP A SKYLINE!!! WHERE DO I SEND THE MONEY?!?

    Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight guys, after years of lovely service and a hell of alot of planning on my part to fix the CRX the way I wanted it, I have scrapped the project.

Reason being: I PURCHASED A [email protected]#$*(&% NISSAN SKYLINE!!! w00t!

and motorex = dumbasses. (MONEYHUNGRY)

You can import it yourself, and you can do the modifications(haven't gotten the exact list of mods needed yet from DOT, but they are assembling it) The EPA doesn't care, you get a waiver to get it out of customs, and convert to OBDII, have it tested and oila!

Anyway, here shortly I will probably either sell my 88 rex of just part it out. Let me know if anyone is interested be emailing me

Dave

:edit: Even though you aren't legally allowed to have a monopoly on anything in the USA. Apparently Motorex has bent the rules in conjunction with the US DOT. I have to send one through motorex. HOWEVER, there is another nifty trick I can pull. *cough*reverse engineering *cough* to become certified without millions invested. I'll get back to you guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
if you were closer, i'd have myself an 88 project crx...:)

but damn, a chance at the skyline...i'd think about selling the rex too. after seeing the pics you sent me, i'd be mad if you DIDN'T get it. goodluck! :tu:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
where did you get the skyline from? what year is it? how do you plan on doing the modifications? who is your RI? pics of skyline? etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a connection in new zealand, the car would be coming from Japan(slight hood damage, can be repaired by any decent body shop.) This particular one.. is a 1991 r32 GT-R, importing it myself, But for now I think it will have to be put on hold. If you want pics.. hit me on aim " awwdoesithurt " is the name, and yet.. right now it does hurt.

Going to see what I can do about becoming an RI(this is going to take some money man.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
monx0r said:
I have a connection in new zealand, the car would be coming from Japan(slight hood damage, can be repaired by any decent body shop.) This particular one.. is a 1991 r32 GT-R, importing it myself, But for now I think it will have to be put on hold. If you want pics.. hit me on aim " awwdoesithurt " is the name, and yet.. right now it does hurt.

Going to see what I can do about becoming an RI(this is going to take some money man.)

and how about the DOT certification? are you importing to cali? if so what about the BAR certification?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
monx0r said:
read my edit from the original post. Im shut down for a little while, i have to come up with some money as the dot and.. ahh fuck it.. read the original post again

you do realize that the EPA waiver is only temporary and if you cannot get it to conform within x amount of time they will take the car from you and either deport it or destroy it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
monx0r said:
well DURRRRRR i wasn't going to drive the car on the waiver.. i was going to use the waiver to get it off the dock

...........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
monx0r said:
w00t.. found other places that do the conversion cheaper than motorex

and are on the RI list.

UNF

the emissions conversions? what did you pay for the r32? how many miles on it, etc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, the entire conversion, DOT compliance, and EPA conversion. it being a 1991 not much needs to be done in the way of EPA, as obd II didn't come around till 96 model year. I could tell you what I paid for it, but then I would have to kill you. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
monx0r said:
No, the entire conversion, DOT compliance, and EPA conversion. it being a 1991 not much needs to be done in the way of EPA, as obd II didn't come around till 96 model year. I could tell you what I paid for it, but then I would have to kill you. :p

try me......if you did not pay under 10k shipped you got ripped off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
would be less than $1000

BUT, I must forgo the skyline for now, as motorex has this illegal monopoly. besides, im willing to pay up to 10k to get a good r32 gtr to me, but its the additional 15g's to convert it (since i am not an RI) that gets me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
monx0r said:
would be less than $1000

BUT, I must forgo the skyline for now, as motorex has this illegal monopoly. besides, im willing to pay up to 10k to get a good r32 gtr to me, but its the additional 15g's to convert it (since i am not an RI) that gets me

yes they do suck t3h ass
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top