Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/
http://media.gm.com/servlet/Gateway...monthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=74&docid=24896
GM Performance Parts is adding some extra juice to 2.0L Ecotec-powered Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS Supercharged and Saturn ION Redline by introducing two supercharger kits that generate significant power gain at the wheels. The Stage One and Stage Two performance upgrade kits provide an additional 31 and 36 horsepower respectively. “These stage kits are aimed squarely at the hard core enthusiast looking to boost the power of the already charged-up 205-horsepower 2.0L Ecotec engine of the Chevy Cobalt Coupe SS Supercharged and Saturn ION Redline,” said Nancy Philippart, executive director, GM Accessories. “They deliver increased horsepower and torque throughout the operating range of the engine.”

The Stage One Kit with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $500.00, includes higher-flow fuel injectors and an ECU calibration to provide a 31 hp boost to the Cobalt Coupe SS Supercharged and ION Redline Ecotec engine for a total of 236 hp and 205 lb.-ft. of torque.

The Stage Two Kit (P/N 17803229), with an MSRP of $750.00, yields more power through the middle section of the power curve versus the Stage One Kit. The Stage Two Kit includes the parts available in the Stage One Kit and adds a smaller supercharger pulley and drive belt, pushing the engine alive with 241 hp and 218 lb.-ft. of torque across a broad engine speed range.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Not bad for the price. :ahoy

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I would like the Supercharged SS better if it had that lowkey spoiler the regular SS has, I'm curious to see how they drive though, might have to take a test drive soon.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ck98vteC said:
I would like the Supercharged SS better if it had that lowkey spoiler the regular SS has, I'm curious to see how they drive though, might have to take a test drive soon.
same. if i ever bought one, i'd just remove it. im not a fan of spoilers.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
damn. the domestics are really trying to make a big impression on the tuner market..you guys think it'll work?

i'd definitely buy one of those or a SRT-4 if i had money. but in the long run, i'm sticking to imports. but if it was just for pure power for the money, dodge and chevy here i come!

·
Registered
972 Posts
yoshidoshi123 said:
you guys think it'll work?
Wait till the media gets their hand on it... Edmunds comparison between Civic Si and GTi mark V tells all. Straight line push on the hands of the ever powerfull media is nothing. But on the other hand, the best bragging right is still what number your engine is pulling rather than how long it takes your car to complete a course... Which in conclusion, yes I think it'll work.

·
Registered
972 Posts
dil2502 said:
honda needs to answer with a forced induction civic si
Two words for ya... (voice over:macho man randy savage)Mugen Dominatooooooorrrrrrrr(/voice over:macho man Randy Savage).

Come to think of it... Mugen managed to extract 300ps flat (or 297bhp) from a 2 litre engine. But oh well, I bet my ass Mugen won't be selling the Dominator kit for 500 smackers.

BTW, I wonder how the dominator kit is selling in Japan...

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
The thing civic's have over say a Cobalt SS no metter the hp is staying power. People that buy a Cobalt are in a phase and will grow out of it when talking about the civic you have actual fans of the car, chassis, and options as far as engine swaps and such. It gets down to the core route of why a performance oriented cars sticks around. You have to have die hard fans of the car to turn a profit, dodge had/has this with the SRT4 and really messed up their chance to make a bread and butter car for their company. The Cobalt will not get this kind of cult following so it to me is doomed to be scraped in a few years if it takes that long. I am not speaking on the abilities of the car I am speaking of the way the car market swings.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
This claim is useless without dyno charts.
SRT intake:

TorqueMaster spark plugs:

Baseline for the SRT intake (before and after) are low because of elevation and the hot climate. Spark plugs's baseline (stock) run represents true output of the stock engine.

btw it's a GS400, not to be confused with a Toyota camry :D

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
GSteg said:
SRT intake:
Baseline for the SRT intake (before and after) are low because of elevation and the hot climate. Spark plugs's baseline (stock) run represents true output of the stock engine.

btw it's a GS400, not to be confused with a Toyota camry :D
Oh, I thought you meant the Camry.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.