Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General Motors is offering lease customers in some parts of the country the chance to return their cars if they're not satisfied, the Detroit News reported

The pilot program, called "Freedom Lease," runs through the end of June in California; Atlanta, Ga.; Boston, Mass.; Providence, R.I.; Baltimore, Md.; and Washington D.C. It allows customers who lease a Chevrolet Cobalt, Pontiac G6 or Buick LaCrosse to return the car within the first 12,000 miles if they are not satisfied, with no further obligation.

However, a $1,500 down payment made in cash or trade would be forfeited.

If the program is successful, GM may consider making it available in more areas, the story said.

caranddriver

sounds like a rental to me.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
hm.... WALMART??? hahahaha i remembered WALMART sell cars and if u dont like the car you can return in in 30 days.

·
Registered
866 Posts
i woudl love to meet the marketing and PR gurus GM has hired so i can beat them repeatedly with a stick coz that just seems like the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. maybe GM has something else in mind but that looks like a whole lot of lack in confidence in their own product. you can relate it to a retail store like walmart but these are cars, not household goods. sure they'll take your deposit, but they'll lose the money from the monthly payments and they won't make as much money selling a secondhand car. at the same time, they've most likely lost a repeat customer, coz if you're antying like me, if i'm unhappy with a product or service from a particular company, it'd take a whole lot to get me to give that company any more of my business if at all.

GM isn't paying me to figure out ways to sell their products but i'll offer a free consultation. and here it is. BUILD A BETTER PRODUCT!!!. haha

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
DDR2 said:
i woudl love to meet the marketing and PR gurus GM has hired so i can beat them repeatedly with a stick coz that just seems like the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. maybe GM has something else in mind but that looks like a whole lot of lack in confidence in their own product. you can relate it to a retail store like walmart but these are cars, not household goods. sure they'll take your deposit, but they'll lose the money from the monthly payments and they won't make as much money selling a secondhand car. at the same time, they've most likely lost a repeat customer, coz if you're antying like me, if i'm unhappy with a product or service from a particular company, it'd take a whole lot to get me to give that company any more of my business if at all.

GM isn't paying me to figure out ways to sell their products but i'll offer a free consultation. and here it is. BUILD A BETTER PRODUCT!!!. haha

on the opposite, it shows that they have a ton of confidence in their products, since they obviously expect that you will not bring them back

·
Registered
866 Posts
good point. but why offer that option to return if they are so confident? you can look at it either way i suppose. it's good customer service but if GM is in such financial trouble, they need all the money they can get and this just gives them one more way to lose money by allowing people this option to return. on the other hand, may attract new buyers with the philosophy, "if i dont' like it, i'll just give it back." hopefully for GM's sake not too many people will take advantage of it.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
DDR2 said:
good point. but why offer that option to return if they are so confident? you can look at it either way i suppose. it's good customer service but if GM is in such financial trouble, they need all the money they can get and this just gives them one more way to lose money by allowing people this option to return. on the other hand, may attract new buyers with the philosophy, "if i dont' like it, i'll just give it back." hopefully for GM's sake not too many people will take advantage of it.

simple: they are confident in their product, people will buy it and be satisfied and not bring it back

since people know that they can bring it back, they will feel less pressured to buy it and will go for it even if its not 100% what they want, and then be satisfied... and since these are leases, the dealers are going to end up with the cars after 3 years anyway, so its not THAT big of a deal if its after 1 year

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
oh man ppl gonna start take advantage of this kind of deal.. hm.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.