Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOD DAMNIT! i have 2001 accord coupe, lowered 2.3 in front and 2.0 in the back. i was driving at night yesterday. i was dropping off a friend, and there were no lights on that damn street. so i was goin about 40 mph and then i went over a big ass dip. the whole damn car shook, and i heard a big ass DUNK sound. i was just wondering if my alignment would be affected and if my exhaust system would be damaged....

·
Registered
458 Posts
well according to the alignment tech, it is recommended to get alignment every 5000miles, that's how i've been doing with my ride. it is lowered 3.5" front 2.75" rear. it takes all the bumps on the street and it's really hard on your suspension when the car is lowered.

$.02

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
When I first installed my new suspension, I forgot to put the reinforced washers back in on TOP of the rear struts (below the rubber bushings). The top of the Koni shock (that skinny metal rod that goes through the center of the shock) poked through the very top of the dust cover, and started rattling around in the right rear strut tower (after I hit a rainy pothole and heard that DUNK sound too). Check to see if one of your rear strut towers is loose (your washer might have been poked thru?) After I put in the right reinforced washers later that day, everything was all good. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
damn!!

Same wxact thing happened to me! I scraped the hell out of my headers and exhaust and my alignment was jacked up!I'm pretty sure the main thing was that the toes of wheels were messed up!

·
Registered
125 Posts
same problem in hawaii.... too many shi**y roads.... gotta drive slow or know the road to avoid encounters like these...

As far as your ride... how deep was the pothole/ditch? Might be your exhaust/headers section... I would check the alignment though. Also maybe get brighter lights or even some fogs for occasions like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts