Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well....about the same day the forum went down, I decided to go and get my car inspected...mind you that my engine light was on. I left my store and noticed for some strange reason that the light went off and I tore ass to the dmv. Passed for everything....except:

1. Shift Knob - no indicators ( put the stock one back on and they still tried to fail me..saying that it was worn out) went on a fit and they let me slide on that.

2. Pedal Overlays - bs reason to fail someone, but rather than cause more trouble i took those off too.

3. Headlights - now this one was good. I have piaa hid (look) bulbs. Now by piaa's standards they are 50 state street legal and sae and dot certified. I brought a printout of the companies webpage to the manager at the dmv and he said that it didn't make a difference...I couldn't pass with those on my car. Being the smartass that I am, I said "...last time I checked we were still part of the 50 states..." he just game me that go f yourself you little punk look and wouldn't budge.

either way...the only real thing I was worried about was emissions, due to having a full exhaust including a straight pipe. Well no worries for 2 more years.

I 've been waiting a month to vent that....sorry for the long post..

p.s. good luck anyone in jersey with inspections

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
it would help a lot if you knew someone at those inspection stations. sometimes it helps if they overlook stupid stuff like that.
but glad to hear you passed.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
no indicators, and the things that say where each gear is?

If so .. i would have punched him in the face, although when i shift, i look at the "indicator" cause something i forget what comes after 2nd :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
OdiedogCX said:
no indicators, and the things that say where each gear is?

If so .. i would have punched him in the face, although when i shift, i look at the "indicator" cause something i forget what comes after 2nd :D
LMAO..like you will be looking down at the shift knob everytime you shift.........:D ..or even better ...you were a blind driver and needed to feel the numbers to know which gear you're on........lmao....but I shouldn't laugh, when I moved from CT to MA one place of inspection.( most gas stations are certified by the State..so no long lines at State stations..good thing...)...anyway back to my story...one inspector said my Magnaflow catback was too loud and I said show me the "decibel meter"...he said your looking at it, meaning him....I left before he coudl fail me, drove down the block and another guy was just amazed at my Si that he didn't even put it on the machine to get the emmisions...now how 'bout them apples...a block away from the other ididot...GO RED SOX...right... :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts