Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owner had bought a new transmission for the car. He got pulled over, didn't have his receipt. Cop writes him a case#.. what do I have to do to get it cleared? buy new tranny?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
:stupid Yeah, cuz that doesn't even make sense. Did he have the tranny installed or was it physically laying in the car or some shit? That's just dumb and confusing, talk to the haters and let them tell you what to do...

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Must have been doing some stupid shit if the cop was gung ho enough to check the VIN on his transmission. Did he give you any idea as to what he was stopped for or anything...
you got to remember hes in cali where all the cops are pricks, assholes, and senseless shitheads

the easiest way to fix this is get the original tranny take the vin plate off and put it on the new tranny.

personally the cop is stupid. there is no reason to write a citation unless you want to be a prick. the cop has to prove its stolen. buy the car and take it to court. if he can't prove its stolen they can't do shit. but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay this is how the story goes. Owner 2 is the one I'm buying from. Owner 1 is the owner he bought it from. Owner1 bought it from auction yard, Owner 2 bought it.. brought it to dmv for registration etc. He said CHP has to inspect the vins since it came from auction. Checked it buy vins didn't match the tranny. DMV needs a tranny receipt in order for him to reg. the car.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
for what? just run the vin to see if its stolen if its not take proof to them that its not. thats all they're looking for proof its not stolen.

if they still don't go for it. use the vin off the tranny track down the car. ask whoever owns it for a receipt. its probably in a junkyard somewhere.

I would ask the idiots at the dmv if they ran the vin for the tranny and it didn't come back stolen if you could get by.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He showed me a Registration paper with a stamp from dmv saying that it's a Salvaged vehicle and has writing on it saying needs proof of transmission vin from donor car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He first said he got pulled over, then he said he went to chp himself. Stories didn't make sense..might pass on it. But it's a clean car, actually drove it.. just hope it's legit work. He bought it in oct 2008, don't know why he hasn't taken care of that issue.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
err pass on it stories don't match and its salvaged

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
its another salvaged car. don't get it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts