Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on seeing if I can get a custom pipe made that goes from the header to the cat-back as straight as possible with no cat. Anyone know if there will be any significant power gains? Noise levels super loud and if I would pass emissions?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
umm..if your in Cali..no it won't pass. But as long as you don't get inspected every 3 months or something you should be allright. If you go that way you will have to get an O2 sensor simulater. Unless you want to live with the check engine light on.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BennySiR said:
umm..if your in Cali..no it won't pass. But as long as you don't get inspected every 3 months or something you should be allright. If you go that way you will have to get an O2 sensor simulater. Unless you want to live with the check engine light on.
O² simulator? Where can I get one of those?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I just bought one the other day because my check engine light is on. Its the high flow cat I put on. here's the link.Import Parts Go under electronics and you'll find it

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BennySiR said:
I just bought one the other day because my check engine light is on. Its the high flow cat I put on. here's the link.Import Parts Go under electronics and you'll find it
Thanks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
There's really no point in it. It may give you 5 hp at the most. It will be loud as hell. You'll have to worry about noise ordinances. Too much trouble if you ask me for a few pitiful horsepower. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Couldnt you just unlug the battery for a little while and reset the ECU that way. I think that would make it so your check engine light isnt on......I've unpluged my battery before so it wouldnt come on and it worked. Not sure if it would work for this application, just tryin to save you some money

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
if you don't want the extra noise, u can get a straight thru racing resonator :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yeah I dont know If id get that done especially with the noise you know those douglasville cops are biatches. I always have to go slow as hell when i pass through the mall area going to and from school and what not. It be pretty expensive too wouldnt it??

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you are comfortable building electronics projects, you can build your own O2 sensor simulator. This should save a lot of money. I am lucky and only have one O2 sensor, haha.

Build your own O2 sensor simulator

I am curious to see how it goes getting that piece fabricated. If you get it done soon, post the price.

·
Registered
511 Posts
called a test pipe, i got one on my car, it makes ur car reallllly loud and jsut by the smell u can tell that there is no cat...its pretty good power in the upper range...oh well, i did it like a couple days after my emissions so i can have it on for like 2 years before my swap back...:D

·
Registered
519 Posts
151 Proof said:
O² simulator? Where can I get one of those?
I got one if you want to buy it off me? I bought it and never used it cause I decided to just change from obd-2 to obd-1, let me know?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
the cat and emissions control are there for a reason, to help preserve and protect the environment. by taking off the cat, you're releasing harmful particles into the atmosphere. Kommon_sense, i agree with you that removing the cat is irrensponsible as well.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
it is that kind of thought pattern that's going to create even more restrictions for us in the future. if everybody did their part, emissions control would most probably be a lot more lenient, but that's just getting fucked over by people like you day in and day out. don't you fucking care at all about your environment and whatever's gonna be left for your kids and their children?? gasoline-fueled cars spew out an insane amount of carbon monoxide, would *you* sit next to a cat-less exhaust and breathe in the air?? i really doubt it, and i doubt mother nature likes it either. it doesn't have to be visible to be harmful. i guess what they say really is right... "ignorance is bliss" "out of sight, out of mind" *sigh* :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
regardless of where one is, the environment should always be in one's mind. so what if there's others out there polluting? why would you want to join the bandwagon? so what the hell IS going on where you're from anyway, that you can't give some thought to helping out the planet you live in?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Well, think about it this way... Ever got stuck in traffic behind a diesel? They stink like no other right? Really unpleasant right? Well, how would you like to get stuck behind a car and suck in carbon monoxide and other harmful compounds all because they wanted another 3hp and removed their cat?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hyjnx said:
called a test pipe, i got one on my car, it makes ur car reallllly loud and jsut by the smell u can tell that there is no cat...its pretty good power in the upper range...oh well, i did it like a couple days after my emissions so i can have it on for like 2 years before my swap back...:D
So your acceleration at highway speeds improved more than before when you had no cat there?

·
Registered
12 Posts
do you think honda pollution is taht bad with no cat? well think about huge suvs that have little exhaust restrictions. but i do agree that removing your cat is very harmful. theres a reason theyhave to be there.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
you have a point, our civics are ULEV. . . however, every bit helps in aiding our environment.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts