Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if you read my recent post but a few days ago all of a sudden my engine lost a lot of power and it has just been acting weird lately, but even before this I was planning on gettin a h22 and getting it installed in my 92 lude S within the month. I just wanted to know. I was going to buy the JDM longblock and I wanted to know if all I need is the long block and an ECU and it would install fine. Im not going to put in the h22 tranny till a year after I get the engine in the car, but the long block is 1200 and with that I was going to purchase the ecu and I was wondering if thats all i would need to do the install considering I have a lude already and I could use the rest of the parts. Also does anyone know a good place with good prices other then hmotorsonline and jdmhondaparts? im most likely gonna order with hmotors cause i've heard good stuff about them but im also lookin for places near orlando so I dont have to pay shipping and also places with better prices.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
you dont NEED the tranny, but you'll be faster with it.

i believe the S gearing is even longer than the Si's which means you'll fall farther out of VTEC everytime you shift. in a way it'll be like turbo lag when you shift cuz you'll have to wait for VTEC to kick in again :)

if i were you i would get everything right now to save yourself some labor costs.

engine, tranny, ecu, wiring harness. and i think thats it :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.