Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its almost christmas time and i am looking for a decent alarm w/ remote start capabilities, as well as power door lock control (like it will unlock the doors when the alarm is disarmed and lock them when it is armed), i am not looking to spend an arm and a leg.......any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
i juss got the clifford matrix 2.5 rs....comes with everthing u mention and more...... it also have a 2 way pager that lets u know when if alarm is trigger or goes off.....works over a mile long pretty good alarm paid $400 plus install.........:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
we use VIPER and PRESTIGE at our store i have had very good luck with both. they both offer a lifetime warranty,but the viper has NATION WIDE support. meaning no matter where you are you call a number on the back of your remote and it routes you to the nearest viper dealer. they will fix you alarm or talk you through the process. they both offer the 2-way pager as well. expect to pay more for anything with the viper name. also expect to have little or no trouble out of it. in both cases you can add features later if you dont have the money right then(windows up and down,trunk pop,starter kill,motion sensors,mercury switches etc..)

·
Banned
1,554 Posts
viper=clifford
both DEI products

if your gonna spend 400 on a rs2.5 you might as well make it 500 for the RSX3.5 (remote start)..thats 500 installed (bb of course)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was looking at the 560 xv

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nstalr01 said:
actually D.E.I now owns most alarm companies like clifford,avital,wasp,and just about everything that has a snake title

this is true, and DEI is a good company

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Middle Finger U said:
Not to hijack a thread or anything, but this was along the same lines as my question.

Any decent Aalrms out there for $200-250 installed?

bastarD!

·
Registered
53 Posts
i dont know about anywhere else but we do a viper 350 esp for $229 installed(park light flash,door trigger,starter kill,keyless)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
350esp ok i will look into that one as well

·
Registered
53 Posts
not all shops are gonna have my pricing. expect to pay more depending on location. BE WARNEED my store is very much hated by all other shops in a 75mi. radius because of our pricing. we will NOT be undersold

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
please god don't buy the black widow... i cringe when i have to install one of those. if looking at best buy, buy avital 2200 instead.. made by dei, and way better alarm. matrix 1 is better, but a little more expensive

1 - 20 of 23 Posts