Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
3,921 Posts
I get my best burnouts revving it up to about 4,500 and holding the throttle before dumping the clutch and slamming down on the gas. The tires immediately start roasting and then start to smoke like a mofo... hehe.

94 Prelude VTEC by the way. DC Sports Ceramic Coated header, and DC Sports DAC

~Peace :D

· Registered
3,126 Posts
One time I was just bored, so I decided to do a burnout for a good 5-10 min. and damn was my tire gone. It was almost a brand new tire and it was completly gone. I was just keeping my rpms around 5-6000 and letting smoke go everywhere. About 10 min. after I was done, the fire department came driving around there....

· Registered
814 Posts
you wanna do a great smokey burnout??? do it in second gear... works great if you have an lsd (such as a quaife) and slicks or drag radials and you want to really light them up in the burnout box... just rev high...

· Registered
1,336 Posts
ALTERED4 said:
you wanna do a great smokey burnout??? do it in second gear... works great if you have an lsd (such as a quaife) and slicks or drag radials and you want to really light them up in the burnout box... just rev high...
actually if you really want to smell your tire :) reverse, then while your car still going backward , put it in first and floor :)

· Registered
814 Posts
LAblue said:

actually if you really want to smell your tire :) reverse, then while your car still going backward , put it in first and floor :)
ive heard that this works somewhat, the only problem with that is that you can only get your tires spinning so fast... to really get them smoking, and i mean the thick powdery smoke that works its way inside the car and makes your eyes burn, you have to get the tires spinning fast enough... that can only be done in second gear...

· Registered
814 Posts
NirVTEC said:
A little bleach always helps too. Rev and pop in 1st and shift to 2nd. Turn the wheel if you start moving.
why would you want to start in first and shift to second... do a burnout in second gear... no need to start in first...

· Registered
79 Posts
errrr

Questions like these bring the board down.. .
heaven forbid someone might need to do a burnout at the track....jeesh w/o "how-to" questions and stuff of this nature what is the board here for?

· Registered
38 Posts
rev to about 4200 - 4700rpm and dump the clutch,
the trick is keeping it within this rpm range.

the tendency is to simply stomp on the gas, but that takes you out of the max torque range (above).

· Registered
4,233 Posts
waiting for TSWG's response..

i get how doing stuff like this in streets/lots can damage import car's rep. down or whatever but ya'll need to drop the "this is serious track racing board only" attitude..plus if you don't answer this guy's question its not like no one else will or he won't find out how to burn rubber:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.