Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new cf hood and i've heard a lot of good stuff about fiber images. that it fits like oem, the weaving is great, excellent strength... but i was wondering if they had a uv protectant in it so it doesn't discolor in the sun etc... and if it doesn't how much would it cost to clearcoat it so it wont. lastly if anyone knows of any other good cf hood manufactures that i should take a look at or where i can get them online.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the Fiber Images Hood, Its looks and fits perfect, and it comes clearcoated so you can wax and polish it all you want. check out FiberImages.com they have a video you can download of a car running over one of their hoods and nothing happens to it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i have a hood from VIS. I like it. It's about a year old, seems to be fine. but i haven't seen one, upclose, from any other maker so i wouldn't be able to compare mine from anyone else's.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mojo-Jojo said:
I wouldn't get anything CF unless it was from Fiber Images.
... because we all know that when it comes to parts, only ONE company makes a quality product and all others will forever suck.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
MASTRCHANN said:

... because we all know that when it comes to parts, only ONE company makes a quality product and all others will forever suck.
LMAO

why do people get the CF hoods and have them a different colour, cant u paint over them or something? I wouldnt mind getting one but not if it means having a differnt colour from rest of car....ruins the smooth look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW MUCH THE VIS EVOLUTION STYLE CF HOODS ARE??? MY FRIEND HAS A FIBER IMAGES HOOD AND HE LIKES IT ALOT. IT IS ON HIS ORANGE CRX.. ITS PHAT.. HALLA.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mtl Racer said:
Anyone know if people steal those clips that hold the hood down? just wondering.
you mean hood pins? people steal just about anything nowadays. like chrome valve stem caps.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts