Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the best coilovers for my civic eg b18c1?

i heard tein made very good ones?
and that there coming out with tien SS for my model soon?

and suggestions or if u know from experience.
thanks alot

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn man i look at one post ...u answer it
i look again at this post u answered it too...
haha funny thing is i was looking at those or the super street ones
but i really do appreciate u answering the questions
aiight
i heard some good stuff about skunk 2 too?
hear anything good bout those?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
LegendaryCivic said:
damn man i look at one post ...u answer it
i look again at this post u answered it too...
haha funny thing is i was looking at those or the super street ones
but i really do appreciate u answering the questions
aiight
i heard some good stuff about skunk 2 too?
hear anything good bout those?
no unfortunatly i havent heard any review about the skunk 2, but im stickin with the teins.

heh and yeah i answer alot of questions...guess im just that good;)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
mls said:
Bilstein, Sachs, Quantum, Ohlins.
those are VERY good....but costly...Tein's seem to be the best for its cheaper prices compared to the other major brands out there....

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
I don't know about Bilstein adjustable height units, but non-height adjustable with adjustable damping Bilstein dampers are not that costly. Less than Koni as far as I know.

I actually don't like Tein much, because I have heard from other people that they needed to have them rebuild every 30000km or so, which is very frequent & costly. Tein are ok, but they are not the best.

KYB are good too, & aren't too costly, but then Bilstein are around this price too & you'd be better off with Bilstein as they last for a long long time.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
"I actually don't like Tein much, because I have heard from other people that they needed to have them rebuild every 30000km or so, which is very frequent & costly. Tein are ok, but they are not the best."
thats very true..in japan Tein is like Tenzo R is to us....like i've said..for their price theyre a very good set of coilovers but theres better out there if your willing to spend the money

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
I sort of agree with you. Tein is still quite expensive in Japan & I have no doubt's that the quality is higher than Tenzo R. However, a high spec Tein damper/spring unit costs about the same money as some of the superb European brands (like Quantum), & when the price difference is hardly anything, there is no contest.

The thing I hate about it here in Australia, is that in the magazines I get/read, they all praise Tein & suggest Tein is the greatest. It is far from the best. It is still a good product, but the rebuild intervals is what kills their reputation for me.

I would rather some Bilstein damping adjustable struts & a set of Ground Control height adjustable sleeves than some cheap Tein kit. Even the pricer Tein products, I would rather cheaper (in cost & appearance only) European brands.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have the H+R Bilstein coilover i paid 850 brand new they are the best quality/money around the only thing i dont like how they ride om my car i have a 92 Civic cx(B18c1) the back rides hard guessing because the car is so light my boy had the same setup up on a 94 integra it rode beautiful maybe casue more weight

1 - 10 of 10 Posts