Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the stock SI engine mounts are just designed like shit now, so which kinda engine mounts do you guys get? I talked to my mechanic and he said that engine mounts would definatly help my wheel hop, and he was surprised that my front engine mount wasnt already broken. His wife told me that you only really need to replace 3 of the 4 mounts, the front one doesnt need to be replaces. The mounts they order are around 150 a piece :eek: so I gotta be saving for a little while longer hahaha, but it will be worth it.

Anyone with aftermarket mounts? if so post here...how did they help? how much did they help? brand and cost?

· Retired *********
4,663 Posts
How much hp are you running? The stock motor mounts (the steel brackets, not the rubber inserts) are extremely tough. The chances of you breaking a motor mount are rare. Have you considered getting some Energy Suspension motor mount inserts? You can pick up a set of them for around $30. They will get rid of the wheel hop, at the expense of some extra noise and vibration. I had them on my Si, they are nice if you can live with the extra vibration.

http://www.energysuspension.com/

· Registered
127 Posts
As a matter of fact I just put in the energy suspision motor mount inserts in my si I have i/h/e and a clutch and flywheel, adn i had mad wheel hope not ti just spins then i bang gears and i only had time to put 2 of the 3 mounts in so far. I love them

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cool....i still think i am gonna replace the whole mount though

· Registered
9 Posts
Urathane mount inserts are the way to go. This will help put more HP to the wheel instead of loosing it in vibration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.