Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a HR exhaust with 3 inch tailpipe. I'm just doing the rear section for right now, its all bolt on so i can do it by section. My question is does anyone know anything these these exhausts, i really want a nice deep sound, nothing like rice sounding (we all know what i mean). I know im not going to get a great sound until i get the full system but just for now will what i said get me going at least in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
5zigen fireball sounds nice and is really quiet at idle....however....WHY OH WHY ARE YOU GOING TO USE 3"?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CRXtc said:
5zigen fireball sounds nice and is really quiet at idle....however....WHY OH WHY ARE YOU GOING TO USE 3"?
Because i dont want a universal muffler and i cant seem to find any that are any smaller what are your suggestions?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
for the deepest sound DTM (however played out that it is) has the deepest sound.....but too deep is obnoxious just as too raspy is.......

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you plan on getting a full catback eventually why not just wait? Otherwise you're wasting your money--do it right the first time. As for sound, DC sports, Greddy Evolution, Comptech. All those have a fairly mellow throaty sound. I personally use the comptech, it fit perfectly and is pretty stealth.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Skunk2 mega power is my choice:)

·
Registered
638 Posts
i just got that ...

JAYMAN320 said:
Skunk2 mega power is my choice:)
I just got that too and man, out of all the exhaust systems and mufflers ..this i say is the best..loud, throaty, deep but also with a bit of a high pitch on lower rpm bands....its the shit..i highly recomend it..plus its not too bad on the wallet..a little under 600 if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah, the skunk2 is made by RS*R, its a great sounding exhaust, I would have to go with that, or a Tanabe G Power Medallion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts