Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wonderring. If you were to swap the engine out of a CRX-HF (so it's got a little better than 64hp) but keep the transmission(smaller gearing) would this give you greater power and speed but still give you the great gas mileage that the HF is known for? If so what engine's fit into the HF and will match with the transmission? Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
783 Posts
The stock engine and tranny Are "D series". There fore Only other D series engine's and tranny's can be used On eachother. By the way short gears arn't always good you know. Some times its good to have a long 4th gear. Engine options are endless, b16a , b18c , b18c-r , B18a , B18c1, B18c5 , B20b, H22a, K20a, D16z6 , D16y8 Just to name a few.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
the HF tranny is really terrible for acceleration. With some kind of turbo setup it would be ok....but otherwise....nope.

Si transmissions are decently short geared and yet the engines get fairly good gas mileage.

·
Registered
435 Posts
basically where u get a sohc vtec head and dizzy and think maniflod and swap it out oh yea ecu too.. got to run diff oil line i believe but searching in the stickies and stuff would have more info im a noob on minie me's jus thought id give u a idead of what it is
oh ya u gotta run a wire for the vtec too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts