Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i find good headers for cheap and will i see much of a benifit from them if i already have an empty cat and a fart can muffler? im not 2.25 all the way yet, its 2.25 from the muffler to to about the rear passenger side wheel, so i need to get it 2.25 from there to where my empty cat ends.i dont want anything fancy just functional, so used is better for me.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those look nice too, not bad price, did u notice any gain?

·
Registered
115 Posts
The megan headers are maybe the best performance/price bolt-on item. Stainless Steel Megan Headers in header wrap are just as good as DC-sports are Greddy for $200 less. Can feel difference in the 65-80mph range.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Been thinking about getting a megan header as well. A friend of mine bought one off the site that is linked above and loves it. And he has a DC Sports on his other car.

I'll be using my stock manifold until after I finish the mini-me conversion and swap in an EX tranny. Then I'll be getting a megan header as soon as I can afford it.

I really should lower the car someday though :(

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
it is a nice piece, BUT, its just about the same as any other "standard" header. You will only see an actual gain out of a header like an SMSP. But I would imagine thats out of the range you want to spend. Also its a 2 piece, and while thats not bad at all, I prefer 1 piece. To be entirely honest, I got a cheapo stainless to be wrapped in heat wrap to drop the temps, and loose some weight, not to get any power gains.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
commador said:
it is a nice piece, BUT, its just about the same as any other "standard" header. You will only see an actual gain out of a header like an SMSP. But I would imagine thats out of the range you want to spend. Also its a 2 piece, and while thats not bad at all, I prefer 1 piece. To be entirely honest, I got a cheapo stainless to be wrapped in heat wrap to drop the temps, and loose some weight, not to get any power gains.
whats a smsp???

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
i have a megan header on the civic. i noticed a huge difference.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
company that makes top end headers. Really really good stuff, but like I said, its not cheap, and actually does give an actual noticeable power gain, but for what its worth, unless you are trying to sap as much power as possible out of an engine, there are more cost effective alternatives.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
commador said:
company that makes top end headers. Really really good stuff, but like I said, its not cheap, and actually does give an actual noticeable power gain, but for what its worth, unless you are trying to sap as much power as possible out of an engine, there are more cost effective alternatives.
like how much are they $1000?
honestly ive never been about making my car fast, just wanted a newer stronger motor, i just didnt expect it to be so good, even for a badly treated jdm, im kinda intrigued now about going faster but its no where near a priority for me, i got my daily driver back i hope and with a little more pep so im good but tryn to learn as much as i can on here now.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i've got a dseries header for sale. $100 shipped, check my sig for a link.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IISaiNtII said:
i've got a dseries header for sale. $100 shipped, check my sig for a link.
lol, u crack me up, u should sell cars bro, i found some for $60 on craigs list!!!! but im gonna have to pass until i get my motor running smoother, it kinda vibarates too much, and id rather get a si ecu so i can run my mpfi instead of dpfi. but just so i know, what brand??? i might hit u up for em later...and hey where u been aint seen a single post from u in a while, late

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
lol, u crack me up, u should sell cars bro, i found some for $60 on craigs list!!!! but im gonna have to pass until i get my motor running smoother, it kinda vibarates too much, and id rather get a si ecu so i can run my mpfi instead of dpfi. but just so i know, what brand??? i might hit u up for em later...and hey where u been aint seen a single post from u in a while, late
been busy. got the y8 pulled apart in a couple hours, brought an engine, and 2 tranny's home with me, took photo's of my bro racing moto-x / hare scramble... and been doing homework. haven't been on since friday really...

but anyway, there's a picture on that thread and telling all about the header. i just saw your thread and thought of them, since you had said some used for cheap... $100 shipped obo isn't bad i didn't think. but everything is going to ebay in about a week. i have to get this stuff outta my house.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if i got the cash friday i might want em, so why did u tear the motor apart??i thought it was good???

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
if i got the cash friday i might want em, so why did u tear the motor apart??i thought it was good???
transportation was easier, and for parting out purposes. sold head, im, tranny(s) seperate...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IISaiNtII said:
transportation was easier, and for parting out purposes. sold head, im, tranny(s) seperate...
u mean like riding the bus??

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
u ever tried putting a d16y8 in the back seat of your car? or your trunk? and not get oil and grease and crap everywhere??? seperately, it was a helluva lot easier to manage.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IISaiNtII said:
u ever tried putting a d16y8 in the back seat of your car? or your trunk? and not get oil and grease and crap everywhere??? seperately, it was a helluva lot easier to manage.
im lost kinda but my zc fit in the back off my 93 mustang hatch, and yes it made a big mess....im sure i miss understood u, so i appoligize ahead of time, apparently its not my day again

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
im lost kinda but my zc fit in the back off my 93 mustang hatch, and yes it made a big mess....im sure i miss understood u, so i appoligize ahead of time, apparently its not my day again
bah, it's all good. i'm not trying to get pissy with you, but re-reading my statements that what it seems like...anyway, it was just a whole lot easier to sell, and transport that way.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
yeah try getting a b18 in the trunk of your ek coupe :D

it sucked.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.