Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a stock civic ex with 121K miles on it. Thinking off getting a short ram intake off ebay and trying to install it myself - I have no experience at modifications etc. Is this a good idea? Would the install be relatively simple? If so could someone guide me thru the steps? I did a search for DIY tips but found nothing. Appreciate the help! Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
zecro said:
Hi, I have a stock civic ex with 121K miles on it. Thinking off getting a short ram intake off ebay and trying to install it myself - I have no experience at modifications etc. Is this a good idea? Would the install be relatively simple? If so could someone guide me thru the steps? I did a search for DIY tips but found nothing. Appreciate the help! Thanks!
its easy...

do you know where your intake manifold and throttle body are?

with a short ram you dont have to take out the entire stock intake system, CAI you have to because it goes all the way down to the bumper

you have to take off the stock intake tube off the throttle body

then the stock air filter system and then its just bout attaching the short ram.

I dont know if i explained this well at all but its a pretty simple task for someone that has no experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Re: Re: Good Idea?

wapmonk said:
its easy...

do you know where your intake manifold and throttle body are?

with a short ram you dont have to take out the entire stock intake system, CAI you have to because it goes all the way down to the bumper

you have to take off the stock intake tube off the throttle body

then the stock air filter system and then its just bout attaching the short ram.

I dont know if i explained this well at all but its a pretty simple task for someone that has no experience.

yep... you wannah do it a cheaper way? just go to home-depot and get a PVC pipe and lots of duct/duck i dunnoh tape and play around with it. when my mom got her civic i did that, worked pretty well, except of the weight
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Good Idea?

Suleman78699 said:
yep... you wannah do it a cheaper way? just go to home-depot and get a PVC pipe and lots of duct/duck i dunnoh tape and play around with it. when my mom got her civic i did that, worked pretty well, except of the weight
no dont go crappy quality, if you're gonna make it yourself at least make it the right way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,248 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Good Idea?

Suleman78699 said:
yep... you wannah do it a cheaper way? just go to home-depot and get a PVC pipe and lots of duct/duck i dunnoh tape and play around with it. when my mom got her civic i did that, worked pretty well, except of the weight
and people wonder why civic owners are made fun of... I'm all for DIY, but lets not make crap... we have apc for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks y'all makes sense. So I know where the stock intake tube is - which I can just pull off as in when putting in new bulbs for my headlights. But, whats the stock air filter system ? How do I identify it and will I need to put the car up on jacks to take it off? Thanks again all . Appreciate the help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
zecro said:
Thanks y'all makes sense. So I know where the stock intake tube is - which I can just pull off as in when putting in new bulbs for my headlights. But, whats the stock air filter system ? How do I identify it and will I need to put the car up on jacks to take it off? Thanks again all . Appreciate the help!
the stock filter is connected to the stock intake tube
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top