Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H22 EG Swap

Came across this earlier today. Its a good write-up for a swap that i think is often wrongly considered a non-streetable drag-only setup. I think i read somewhere that a h22 is only 30 lbs heavier than a single cam, and 10-15 lbs heavier than a b18.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
the best one ive read so far

·
Registered
39 Posts
Of course the swap isn't new, but I was saying that the article isn't new either. You're right though, it is a good article, however, I'd like to see Sport Compact Car do an article on the H22 swap as I'm sure they'd be far more thorough. I've read magazines like Import Tuner and Modified Mag (in fact I'm subscribed to Modified) and have found their tech articles to not be very good. Then I picked up a book a long time ago called Engine and Driveline Handbook from the editors of Sport Compact Car. It's simply a compilation of some of the best tech articles from the magazine and it was extremely informative and well written. A tech article in Modified would simply use more words than nesseccary to say "We needed a new clutch. Clutch Masters gave us a clutch. We had someone else install it. The car is better now. Here are pictures of the installation." Meanwhile SCC is busy explaining how to calculate the effects of rotational inertia or explaining in detail how to dyno tune your car for more power without puting any parts on it! I think SCC could write a really good H22 swap article.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts